Extendicare Canada Inc.
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKERS (PART-TIME - Nights) - Extendicare Peterborough
Candidates are invited to apply for part-time, nights Personal Support Worker positions to work at our Extendicare Peterborough facility, a 174-bed long-term care home, located in Peterborough, Ontario.
Under the direction of the Registered Staff, the PSW provides direct personal and nursing care to residents so as to fulfil the physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual needs of residents in accordance to home polices, procedure and work routines.
- Assists in providing direct care for residents; assists with ambulation, feeding, bathing and grooming.
- Encourages participation in activity programs by assisting residents to and from activities.
- Assists with meal service and nourishment delivery to residents and provides feeding assistance as required.
- Provides emotional and social support to residents/families including palliative care.
- Adheres to established departmental polices and procedures regarding documentation, quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
- Consults with and informs supervisor of unit activities, needs and matters related to resident care.
- Participates in care conferences and documentation related to resident care plans.
- Completed a PSW Program that meets the appropriate standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, the National Association of Career Colleges, or the Ontario Community Support Association and must be a minimum of 600 hours in duration (including class time and practical experience time)
- Nursing Experience in long-term care required
- Knowledge and experience in care planning systems and documentation required
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate positively with other staff, residents and families
- Demonstrates empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely fashion
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans, ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English.
CLOSING DATE: Feb 15, 2021
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Lisa Davis, Director of Care
E-Mail: [email protected]
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Adresse : 645 Lansdowne Street West Groupe de famille d'emploi : Vente et serv–Serv partic Offrir un service exceptionnel aux clients actuels et potentiels de BMO. Déterminer les besoins de [...]
Location: 20 Frank Nighbor Place, Kanata When people ask how the 401 Auto RV Group of Companies has become Canada’s fastest growing Auto/RV dealer group in under 10 years, we reply with 4 simple e [...]
Location: Cambridge, Ontario When people ask how the 401 Auto RV Group of Companies has become Canada’s fastest growing Auto/RV dealer group in under 10 years, we reply with 4 simple elements that [...]
Location: 20 Frank Nighbor Place, Kanata When people ask how the 401 Auto RV Group of Companies has become Canada’s fastest growing Auto/RV dealer group in under 10 years, we reply with 4 simple [...]