Extendicare Canada Inc.
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE - (Part-time/Casual) - McCall Centre For Continuing Care
Candidates are invited to apply for the position of Registered Practical Nurse for Extendicare McCall Centre for Continuing Care, a 141-bed facility (comprised of 120 Complex Continuing Care beds and 21 Interim Long-Term Care beds), in Etobicoke, Ontario.
Reporting to the Director of Care/Assistant Director of Care, the RPN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards.
- Ensure resident/patient care is provided with established nursing standards and principles,
physicians’ orders and administrative polices, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents/patients. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care
- Assist in assessing residents/patients and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident/patient care plans. Monitor residents’/patients’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians orders
- Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care and palliative care as required. Interprets and implements established policies, procedures and regulations.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance appraisal and refers problems to the Director of care/Assistant Director of Care.
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- Registration or eligible for registration with the Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario
- Previous managerial experience in long term care preferred
- Experience dealing with the cognitively impaired
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as knowledge in Infection Control Practices
- Demonstrated commitment to working with seniors
- Ability to work effectively individually and with others while prioritizing tasks t handle the most urgent first
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally whether in person or over the phone, and in writing; an active listener who projects a friendly demeanor
- Ability to collect and use information to thoroughly think through problems and situations; puts information from various sources together to see the “big picture” and generate creative solutions
- Organizational, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills
CLOSING DATE: February 15, 2021
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Assistant Director of Care
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Are you looking to help people find solutions to their financial needs? Do you want to work for an organization with strong values, a competitive compensation/benefits package, variable compensation p [...]
Job Overview: Sales Associates provide fast, friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance. These associates work in cooperation with their supervi [...]
Service Desk associates are responsible for following through on all Customer Order Management (COM) orders from beginning to end and until the customer is satisfied including but not limited to speci [...]
Area of Work Experience Strategic planning Additional Skills Develop risk management plans Specific Skills Plan development projects Develop policies Develop and implement busines [...]