Extendicare Canada Inc.
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE- Extendicare Peterborough
Candidates are invited to apply for the above positions to work at our Peterborough, a 174-bed long-term care facility, located in Peterborough, Ontario.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the RPN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards.
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 senior care and living centres as well as our home health care operations,
we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 team members are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada
Ensure resident care is provide with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assess residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physician orders.
- Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care and palliative care as required. Interprets and implements established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance appraisal and refers problems to the Director of Care.
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Registration or eligible for registration with the Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
- Effective human relation skills and demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively are essential.
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of: Lisa Davis DOC [email protected] no later than Feb 15, 2021.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
As Peterborough’s only Italian Food Market and Restaurant, we will be offering a shopping and food experience unlike anything else in the area, while building a reputation for exceptional quality, s [...]
We are looking for a confident and professional Administrative Assistant who embodies a positive attitude while delivering exceptional customer service to join our Administrative team KEY JOB DUTIES [...]
Nuclear Services Mechanical Technician Contract Overview of the business: At BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. (NEC) we are committed to Quality, Environmental Health and Safety and Operational ex [...]
Address: 645 Lansdowne Street West Job Family Group: Retail Banking Sales & Service Delivers exceptional service to BMO customers and prospects. Identifies customer needs and provides advice and g [...]