Store Warehouse Colleague
Department: Retail Operations
JYSK is one of the world’s leading, and fastest-growing home furnishing retailers. First established in Denmark in 1979, JYSK operates retail stores which sell everything for your home throughout Europe and internationally and are now present across 51 countries with over 2,900 stores.
Although JYSK today is a global business, the company is managed based on its Scandinavian roots. This reflects in JYSK’s company culture and the way it does business.
The first Canadian JYSK store was opened in Coquitlam, BC in 1996. Today, JYSK operates 61 stores across Canada, including locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba,
Ontario, and Québec.
Are you a fit? Start by asking yourself a few questions:
Are you passionate about keeping your home up to date with the latest and greatest home fashions? Are you competitive by nature and driven by sales targets and goals? Is your enthusiasm and passion for success contagious? Do you genuinely have fun helping customers find exactly what they need and want?
So, if it's a fit for you. Let's find out more ...
What's the job? Warehouse Associates help to unload, stock, and retrieve merchandise in the backroom of the store. Warehouse Associates have an emphasis on safety and following safe work practices in a warehouse setting. Associates in this position know how to work efficiently to ensure the logistics of the store are up to date and assist in adjacent departments.
This is a part-time position.
What are the requirements for the job?
- Assisting the store is ready for promotions and new season.
- Assisting with the store to be Clean, Full and Priced
- Assisting in keeping warehouse neat and kept in a safe environment for all those who use it.
- Participating in Health and Safety workplace training for staff
- Following all standards for a safe workplace
- Ensuring that you are following our safe storage policy for ladders at all times.
- Ensuring that you are following the dress code set out by the company.
- Assisting in keeping the warehouse safe at all times throughout the daily operation. This includes:
- Keeping all product easily accessible by ladder or lift truck.
- Keeping warehouse floor clear within 24 hours of receiving a trailer.
- Asking and be available to offer assistance to lift heavy items
- Assisting in the warehouse organization and cleanliness in accordance with JYSK concept. This includes:
- Keeping warehouse floor clean and clear of garbage and clutter at all times throughout the day.
- Ensuring all boxes are put away in a timely fashion
- Ensuring loading area is neat, clean and appealing to the customer.
- Ensuring open boxes are resealed and labeling immediately after opening.
- Ensuring that missing collies, spare parts, pick-up/delivery and discontinued stickers are up to date at all times
- Ensuring all products are properly labeled.
- Rotating stock and keeping like items grouped together.
- Participating to Complete and prepare web store orders and delivery
- Ensuring write offs to be cleared daily by working with the management
- Assisting to control warehouse inventory from loss, damages and theft. This includes:
- Ensuring accurate shipping of customers’ orders, picking the correct product.
- Safe handling of JYSK merchandise to prevent damages.
- Keeping the warehouse doors locked at all times.
- Assisting in checking the delivery binder every morning.
- Assisting to ensure warehouse desk/work area is organized at all times.
Does this sound like an opportunity for you?
If helping people comes to you as naturally as smiling, then our customer-facing career opportunities may be a perfect fit you. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, the Colleague will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Colleague will frequently lift, sort, carry, and place merchandise and supplies of varying sizes weighing up to 20 kg without assistance and over 20 kg with team lifting. Work requires climbing up and down ladders, and working at heights.
JYSK Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This principle applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, transfer, promotion and all other conditions of employment. As a company, we have developed l programs and policies that address and recognize our objective to ensure that our work environment remains free of discrimination and harassment of any kind and promotes and recognizes the diverse backgrounds of our Colleagues. JYSK Canada will accommodate both internal and external applications throughout the hiring process.
All employment decisions at JYSK are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended. We consider all applications on the basis of individual qualification for the particular position and we do so without regard to any unrelated factor and/or characteristic.
JYSK Canada is committed to the value of equal employment opportunity for all Colleagues and the innovation that diversity creates in the work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Equipment and Machinery Experience - Drills - Reciprocating saws Construction Specialization - Residential Weight Handling - More than 45 kg (100 lbs) Specific Skills - Load, unload a [...]
Established in 1976 the Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies (SIIT) is a First Nation governed post-secondary institution. Recognized under provincial legislation, the Institute has been conf [...]
Roles and Responsibilities (include but not limited to): - Develop and support updating of large outage schedules with Primavera software. - Responsible for maintaining shutdown schedule - Pro [...]
Saskatoon Co-op invites applications for the position of a Part-Time Food Clerk (Overnight Crew) in the Grocery Department at the Attridge Food Store in Saskatoon, SK. Reporting to the Food Store Ma [...]