The Canada Life Assurance Company
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Business Analyst.
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: London or Toronto.
Reporting to the Manager, GRS Project & End User Support, this dynamic role will require your analytical engagement from initiative kick off to implementation. This role focuses on working closely with our Technology and Business Partners to support, translate and apply expertise to deliver efficiencies and high value products. Throughout the lifecycle of an assignment, this individual will champion the Business and Customer needs.
What you will do
- You will take a lead role to represent our Group Retirement Services Operations in Projects and Business initiatives. As a Subject Matter Expert you will analyze initiatives and problems, understand expectations and develop requirement specifications that contribute to product design efforts.
- You will apply your past business experiences and strong system expertise to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Our Group Customer partners will look to you to provide guidance and expertise across a specified portfolio of business systems and processes. Your support is critical in meeting objectives within established timelines and budget.
- You will play a key role in defining requirements, reviewing functional and design specifications, ensuring that business needs and features are properly understood.
- With business system knowledge you will influence design with a focus on efficiencies and eliminating unnecessary manual procedures.
- As a member of this team, you will be responsible for reviewing and providing approval to key stakeholders for sign off on key project documentation.
- Your expertise will also be required in production problem investigation and resolution.
What you will bring
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Business Analyst in a Business team environment
- Strong understanding of Group retirement business and experience with a broad range of business functions
- Experience in projects and business initiatives with some understanding of project methodologies
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills that allows for innovative decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, your project team members and external parties
- A desire to streamline and continuously improve both the customer and administration experience
- Proven ability to handle multiple competing priorities often with tight timelines.
- Strong collaboration skills
- The ability to pivot and quickly change direction due to competing priorities
- Effectively perform under pressure
- Ability to work well independently or collaborate with a team
- Proven planning and organizational skills
- Self-motivation, initiative and the ability to balance value, effort and risk
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Posting Period Open: February 26, 2021 Deadline: March 4, 2021 Non-Union Department Name Facilities Management Responsible for providing functional and systems expertise in the hospital’s Comp [...]
Posting Period Open: February 26, 2021 Deadline: March 4, 2021 Non-Union Department Name Facilities Management Responsible for providing functional and systems expertise in the [...]
TD Description Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American l [...]
Company Overview Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think ''TD'' if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North Americ [...]