The Canada Life Assurance Company
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Director, Operational Risk Program Management.
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
The Director, Operational Risk Program Management is accountable for providing leadership and support for the development and implementation of both strategic and operational plans relating to the Company’s Operational Risk Management (ORM), Supplier Risk Management (SRM), IT Risk Management (ITRM) and Business Continuity Management (BCM) programs.
The candidate will also be expected to establish a program management discipline to each of these programs through:
- Developing and overseeing a rigorous and consistent approach that is applied to strategic program planning
- Developing operational support for the execution of business as usual activities, including reporting on planning and execution activities, status of key ORM, SRM, ITRM and BCM programs and initiatives
- Developing and oversee an approach to ensure open ORM, SRM, ITRM and BCM actions (audit, regulatory, etc.) are acted on in a timely manner
- Providing a consistent approach to developing program strategies and operational reporting
- Providing ongoing monitoring and follow up of planned activities to support action owners, to assess progress and to proactively identify and resolve potential issues before delivery and timelines are impacted
- Delivering integrated reporting to enable timely awareness of program statuses
Successful execution of this mandate will ultimately result in operational risks being effectively managed within the tolerances established by the enterprise.
What you will do
- Support the VP, Global Head of Operational Risk in the strategic and operational alignment of the ORM, SRM, ITRM and BCM programs
- Establish and maintain an approach to managing and monitoring key initiatives
- Develop and deliver regular initiative, program and function status reporting ensuring areas of concern that require management’s attention are highlighted as well as recommendations for corrective actions
What you will bring
- 10 years of experience in a second line of defence operational risk, supplier risk, IT risk or business continuity management function
- Experience in roles responsible for building and implementing operational risk management programs
- Demonstrated ability to develop and produce strategic and operational reporting
- Proven ability to be effective in a fast-paced, ambiguous and changing environment
- Able to balance regulatory concerns, cost efficiency, program effectiveness and customer service
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Effective change management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, results oriented, and highly motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to prepare communications and interact effectively with senior levels of management
- Strong relationship management, partnering and collaboration skills to be effective in influencing enterprise stakeholders
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Position Summary and Job Magnitude The Maintenance Services Supervisor must ensure that the entire building is in good working order at all times. This includes a combination of preventative mainte [...]
We are looking for a qualified digital marketing / SEO specialist to join our team. - SEO expertise - PPC / Google Adwords - Social media marketing strategy and execution You should be a probl [...]
We're looking for an eager individual who’s available to work full-time March through May for a temporary position helping out in our Shipping/Receiving department. This a great opportunity to lear [...]
Additional Skills - Food safety/handling skills - Provide customer service Weight Handling - Up to 23 kg (50 lbs) Work Setting - Fruit and vegetable processing plant - Food and beverage [...]