Interior Health Authority
Job title :PROJECT LEAD, SURGICAL STRATEGY
Status :TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
Interior Health has an exciting opportunity as Project Lead, Surgical Strategy. This one year position has a flexible worksite and may be located anywhere within our Interior Health region.
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Leader, Surgical Strategy, and supporting the Network Director, Surgical Services, the Project Lead prepares and coordinates high priority surgical projects from initial planning though implementation and evaluation at the regional level.
The Project Lead is also accountable to and responsible for reporting project status to the Senior Leader for the implementation of priority Interior Health (IH) and provincial surgical strategies being implemented. The Project Lead provides leadership to project teams and ensures the involvement and participation of key stakeholders including clinicians, medical staff, and support staff through all the project stages so that projects are delivered within scope, cost, time, and quality. The Project Lead is required to lead or coordinate several projects simultaneously.
The Project Lead works with other leaders from across IH and key stakeholders at the site, community, and provincial levels to facilitate ongoing collaboration, potential for standardization of approaches and application of change management requirements. Additionally, the Project Lead develops and populates project charters, status updates, briefing papers and reports, and ensures the timely and effective implementation of decisions and communication between various working groups, teams, key stakeholders, site leadership, the IH Surgical Network Team and Senior Executive.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides leadership and direction to projects, including the development of project teams, for high priority IH and provincial surgical strategy implementation, under the direction of the Senior Leader and supporting the Network Director.
2. Applies knowledge and experience in project management, process review, and analysis to ensure initiatives are completed in a timely manner and result in quantifiable improvements.
3. Analyzes key strategies, initiatives, and opportunities and provides feedback to the Senior Leader on the feasibility and requirements for the achievement of objectives. Identifies and analyses gaps in service delivery and provides suggestions for mitigation of issues.
4. Identifies and promotes the expedited resolution to problems or barriers to enable successful project implementation.
5. Provides regular updates to the Senior Leader and the Network Director, as required, on implementation status and issues encountered in any project area. Prepares formal reports including project executive summary, project charters, needs assessment, gap analysis, work plans, summary of programs and service areas, cost estimates, status updates, and escalates issues for resolution within the Network leadership teams. Measures progress towards goals and objectives and identifies key factors that account for any deviation from stated goals and objectives. Works with the IH Surgical Network Team, other site leaders, key staff, and physicians on remediation and implementation.
6. Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to ensure full stakeholder identification and participation in the project area including facility staff, medical staff, consultants, community programs, Communications, and the IH Surgical Network Team. Facilitates consensus and collaborates with the Department, Portfolio, and subject-area experts and leaders to ensure a coordinated and strategic approach to the planning and implementation of initiatives within Surgical Services. Works collaboratively with site Project Managers, management, clinical and physician leaders to champion change in surgical services and ensure transparent communication to all parties.
7. Conducts reviews and gathers information related to relevant standards, initiatives, best practices, benchmarks, policies, and code requirements to ensure the information is available to Project participants. Promotes consistent processes and continuous improvement of practices throughout the delivery of surgical services at the site. Shares learning with leaders from other hospitals and the IH Surgical Network.
8. Collaborates with departments outside of Surgery to identify, develop, implement, evaluate, and report on the impact and outcomes of key IH and provincial strategies.
9. Participates in Health Authority-wide committees and working groups as required. Works collaboratively with other change management and project management leaders and experts to ensure integration of IH principles in planning and execution. Links with similar positions at other sites and the IH Surgical Network Team, to identify opportunities to partner on implementation of key provincial initiatives.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree.
• Five years of recent, related experience at a senior level working within a complex public or private sector environment. Recent experience with system change initiatives in a regional Health Authority, hospital, or community health setting is a significant asset.
• Formal education and/or experience in project management are required.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self/Cultural Agility - self-awareness, demonstrates character; noticing and adapting to cultural uniqueness to create a sense of safety for all.
• Engages Others/Empathy - communicates effectively; listens with heart rather than reacting
• Achieves Results/Process Orientation - takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results, follows culturally respectful processes that also produce results
• Develops Coalitions/Building a Trust-Based Relationship - builds partnership and networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers and service, participating in open exchanges of experiences and culture
• System Transformation/Credible Champion - demonstrates systems/critical thinking, strategically oriented to the future, champions & orchestrates change, remains self-aware and maintains effective relationships, shows courage and conviction in advocating for change for the betterment of Aboriginal people.
Skills and Abilities
• Advanced project management skills and in-depth knowledge of project management concepts, methods, practices, and tools.
• Ability to provide leadership to others in a team setting.
• Broad knowledge of healthcare and system/service delivery models.
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to facilitate, negotiate, and persuade others both internal and external to the organization. Superior verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Ability to orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish results.
• Ability to effectively present and clarify requirements, and gain support for expectations, ideas, and concepts with various audiences/stakeholders.
• Ability to create and achieve results by engaging and influencing individual, group, or departmental goals.
• Ability to inspire and guide individuals toward goal achievement.
• Knowledgeable about policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and/or organization.
• Ability to develop and communicate solutions/responses to diverse problems/requests.
• Ability to effectively explore alternatives in order to make appropriate decisions.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks, and provide timely responses.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Business College Instructor (Human Resources Management & Supervision) VanWest College invites applicants who are available and interested in teaching Human Resource Management & Supervision within [...]
Requisition ID: 145881 Career Group: Store Careers Job Category: BC Store Operations Travel Requirements: Part Time or Full Time: Part Time Country: Canada (CA) Province: British Columbia (CA-B [...]
Join us in cultivating a collaborative workplace driven by unique perspectives. We’re proud PwC advances a culture that helps everyone to thrive. It's one of the reasons we're recognized as a "Top C [...]
CRAFT Beer Market has raised the bar when it comes to restaurants and bars. We’ve created a fresh vibe that redefines social and culinary experiences. We aren’t just a bar. We aren’t just a rest [...]