Req Id: 274332
The Source is Canada’s largest tech retailer, and every day we come into work excited to share cool tech and amazing brands with our fellow Canadians. From your local shopping centre to cool music festivals, we are where Canadians live, work and play.
Every day our Associates across the country help Canadians find the tech they want and need. The Source is a great place to work and we are committed to your development through best in class training programs that help you do your best. Behind our in-store Associates is a supporting team of professionals who curate our product assortment, ensure on-time deliveries, create engaging marketing campaigns and help keep our systems running at peak capacity.
We are passionate about what we do and look for individuals with their own passion, curiosity and genuine helpfulness to join us!
As the Senior Manager, Finance - Inventory Control, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of financial inventory and controls. This will include leading the team, financial analysis, and inventory maintenance functions to reflect accurate stock ledger balances for all inventory carrying business units. The Senior Manager will be engaged in business and/or system improvements and special projects.
This role also has primary responsibility for partnering with Merchandising, Supply Chain, Logistics and Retail Execution to ensure that inventory life cycle reporting facilitates the business decisions required to mitigate inventory holding risk.
We’re looking for a customer focused individual, with an innovative mindset and the drive to succeed.
- Provide COGS forecasting to support mid-month review
- Manage and monitor all inventory transactions
- Request provision AJE monthly
- Engage in, and coordinate month-end close activities by analyzing/reviewing COGS account for reasonableness
- Liaison with Merchandising, Supply Chain, Logistics and Retail Execution to promote inventory sell-thru
- Meet with Merchandising monthly for inventory discussion (SOx sign-off required)
- Organize meetings with Merch Forecast Planning to target aged or high risk inventory for escalation
- Plan and execute disposition and liquidation of aged, EOL and B-grade inventory, and track, as required
- Liaison with Bell Mobility relative to Bell managed product processes, as required
- Monitor and escalate, where necessary, store support relative to inventory activities, error correction monitoring/support and Store Help ticket resolution
- Monitor and engage in anomalies relative to direct to store (DTS) supplier shipments
- Coordinate and report on physical store counts, cycle counts and annual warehouse physical count
- Assess inventory risk (based on age, End of Life product cycle, lower of cost/market)
- CPA designation is required.
- Minimum 3-5 year previous experience in a related job; preferably within a retail environment.
- Must be a strong people manager, with ability to develop, mentor and motivate direct reports
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong time management, and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are required.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Proficiency in Excel at an intermediate or senior level is a prerequisite.
- Experience with ERP system is considered an asset.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment is imperative.
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Barrie
Application Deadline: 02/16/2021
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
As Canada's favourite tech retailer you have the opportunity to work close to home - and we're also proud to offer a competitive compensation package that includes an extensive recognition and rewards program, career development opportunities, multi-faceted training programs, competitive medical and dental benefits, charity and volunteer opportunities and of course, associate discounts!
The Source celebrates and embraces diversity as part of our culture. We strive to be an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment that supports both our internal and external customers, ensuring everyone feels valued and respected. Accommodations are available on request for all candidates taking part in any aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
AutoReqID: 266171BR Type de Poste: Temps partiel Type de salaire: Non-Exempt Description d'emploi S'acquitter des fonctions et des tâches administratives des secteurs opérationnels au centr [...]
Job Overview: Sales Associates provide fast, friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance. These associates work in cooperation with their supervi [...]
Auto req ID: 266171BR Position Title: Operations Admin I Position Type: Part time Employee Type: Non-Exempt Job Summary Responsible for performing the clerical and administrative functions [...]
Job Overview: Lot Associates are responsible for providing excellent customer service. They are the first and last point of contact with customers. Their primary responsibilities are to load orders [...]