Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 382 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team - We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,700 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations,
best practice and business development opportunities. LifeLabs is currently looking for a Laboratory Assistant to join our team in Surrey & Langley, BC.
As a Laboratory Assistant you will be responsible for the specimen collection process, from greeting patients through to preparation of specimens for transportation. This is an important role in patient care and our business, and will let you see the difference that you make in patients’ lives. This is a Part-Time Regular role suitable for an individual with a flexible schedule, and includes the opportunity to pick up additional shifts at other LifeLabs locations.
In this role you will:
- Greet and request required information from patients, explain the specimen collection process, and ensure patients have followed necessary test protocol prior to specimen collection.
- Perform phlebotomies, connect/disconnect holter monitors, 24 hour blood pressure monitoring, and perform ECG tracings.
- Perform special test collections, such as medical/legal drug screens, paternity tests, and clinical trials, and complete related documentation.
- Maintain client relationships, including responding to inquiries and following up on requests.
- Complete data entry of required patient demographics, requisition information, and other information related to processing test results.
- Prepare specimens for transportation and testing.
The right person for this role will be focused on great customer/patient service, and be able to relate to patients and clients even in stressful situations. Some key qualities include: empathy, flexibility, adaptability to change, and problem solving skills. Other requirements include:
- Completion of a recognized Medical Laboratory Assistant program or equivalent related experience such as working as a healthcare professional with previous training or experience in phlebotomy, intravenous infusion and/or intravenous therapy (e.g. nurses, infusion therapist, cardiac technologist etc.).
- ECG training or experience is an asset.
- Proficient data entry skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively relate to patients and health care providers.
Ready to make a difference? Apply today!
As a caring and customer driven organization, LifeLabs is committed to providing inclusive, barrier free services and workplaces. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please advise the Recruiter who contacts you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
LifeLabs has operated in Canada for more than 50 years. It is a leading provider of laboratory testing and management services, contributing to the treatment and prevention of disease by enabling healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and effectively. LifeLabs provides more than 100 million diagnostic tests for approximately 19 million patients visits annually. Information from these tests plays a vital role in predicting, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disease. LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners. LifeLabs also partners with healthcare providers to build a healthier Canada by transforming and managing laboratory organizations to better meet the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.
Job Segment: Medical Technologist, Medical, Laboratory, Business Development, Part Time, Healthcare, Science, Sales
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
In this role you will be responsible for: - Performing a variety of warehouse duties such as stock maintenance, distribution, and maintaining related records. What you'll do - Pick orders by id [...]
WE ARE CLASSIFIED AS AN ESSENTIAL BUSINESS!!! WE ARE ALSO BUSY!!! Apex Aluminum Extrusions Ltd. (www.apexextrusions.ca) is a state-of-the-art aluminum extrusion factory located in Langley, British C [...]
Are you a people person obsessed with delivering world class customer service? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where every day is different? Does being part of a high performing team where y [...]
EV Logistics Are you ready to be an essential part of everyday life? EV Logistics provides distribution services for one of Western Canada's largest grocery retailers and we're looking for a custome [...]