Metroland Media Group
Metroland Media is a dynamic media company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, and provide local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland. Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop,
comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
Niagara this Week is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced full-time permanent Reporter/Photographer who is skilled in storytelling for both digital and print platforms. The successful journalist will be a talented self-starter who can provide a wide-range of stories on compelling and important topics of relevance to Niagara this Week readers.
- Write tight news stories, sports, and features to a weekly deadline and provide accompanying artwork
- Post content to website and social media site on daily basis
- Take quality photographs and adjust for publication
- Generate fresh and interesting story ideas
- Able to work remotely
- Must be well-versed in Canadian Libel Law and Canadian Press Style
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree or Diploma in Journalism with of related experience in Journalism
- A motivated self-starter who is an innovative, aggressive journalist with the ability to write clean copy and take photos
- Have experience working in a newsroom environment and be able to adhere to tight deadlines
- Proven news judgment and a strong work ethic
- Possess strong skills in online journalism including social media
- Ability to shoot and edit photographs
- Have strong interview skills
- Must be prepared to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Must have access to a vehicle and a valid Driver’s Licence
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Requisition ID: 96593 Cost Centre: THOROLD STONE & PORTAGE,NIAGARA FALLS ON Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward: We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you con [...]
Requisition ID: 96593 Cost Centre: THOROLD STONE & PORTAGE,NIAGARA FALLS ON Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward: We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you cont [...]
About Us Located in the beautiful Niagara Region, Book Depot Inc. is an innovative leader in the bargain book industry, and we have been for more than 30 years. Today, our massive 500,000 square foo [...]
Address: 9 Pine Street North Job Family Group: Retail Banking Sales & Service Cultivates, builds, and manages relationships with a third-party network of referral sources to build a pipeline of ne [...]