Metroland Media Group
Torstar Corporation is a broadly based, progressive media company with a long history in daily and community newspapers, book publishing and digital businesses.
Built on the foundation of the Toronto Star, one of North America’s great Metropolitan daily newspapers, Torstar has grown into a diversified media company with a growing portfolio of businesses and investments that reach consumers in Canada, the United States and around the world.
The company publishes more than 70 print and digital newspapers and operates dozens of digital businesses in Canada through its main operating segments, Daily News Brands, Community Brands and Digital Ventures.
Our mission is to profitably grow by delivering and engaging each customer with trusted journalism, information and content that is most relevant to their personal passions, needs and desire for positive change in our communities. Central to our strategy is the use of data to grow and protect our new digital subscription revenue streams and to enhance the value and performance of our digital audience to advertisers.
This Marketing Specialist will report to the Director of Customer Acquisition & Retention and deliver world class lifecycle marketing initiatives that foster customer engagement and retention.
You are keenly passionate about being the ''voice of our customer'' and understand the importance of being an advocate for them. You will execute strategies and programs that will improve RFV and ultimately deliver best in class customer retention outcomes.
As a member of our high-performance team you will:
Be a data driven, business minded marketing expert that can leverage data to uncover meaningful insights. You can manage cross-functional relationships with product management, data, editorial, and prioritize your work within the marketing team. You will lead the delivery of targeted and personalized campaigns.
● Design and seamlessly execute all marketing campaigns to grow engagement and improve retention of Torstar digital subscribers as aligned to the marketing strategy provided by senior management; channels primarily include web, email, and social media as well as the contact centre.
● Manage the email calendar for digital subscribers, strategically planning the timing of campaigns to optimize the customer experience.
● Perform copywriting for all marketing initiatives and write design briefs for graphic designers and email designers.
● Maintain and optimize A/B testing strategy for the Onboarding experience for new digital subscribers, consistently improving results of communications and web experience
● Produce and analyze post-mortem results of marketing initiatives from analytics systems, suggest and execute recommendations to improve future performance
● Produce weekly results of the engagement and retention portfolio, including subscriber churn and engagement scores
● Support the Lifecycle, Product and Data teams with ad-hoc maintenance of the subscription management system; create offers/promotions for discounted subscription rates, produce customer analytics
● Monitor and respond to subscriber inquiries with Customer Service leads as necessary to triage customer issues
● Passion for consumer digital services and lifecycle management
● Being a regular consumer of news is an asset
● Writing skills required to effectively perform copywriting duties
● Strong communication and organization skills with little oversight
● Familiarity with systems supporting task management (Atlassian JIRA), analytics, (Adobe Analytics, Tableau), content management (Adobe Experience Manager), email marketing and customer relationship management are desirable.
● Ability to learn new systems and skills quickly, and comfort in working in a fast-paced self-directed environment
● 3+ years of experience in marketing. Email and digital marketing experience required.
● A University or equivalent degree in business or marketing is preferred.
Why you will love working here:
The unique opportunity to work for a diversified media company and expand your skills in our fast-paced, constantly evolving, and challenging environment.
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a 12-month fix term contract Medical Information Associate -Immunology, located at the Head office in Toronto. At the Jansse [...]
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a 12-month fix term contract Medical Information Associate -Immunology, located at the Head office in Toronto. At the Jans [...]
Job Title: Ecommerce Site Operations Specialist Location: Downtown Toronto Reporting to: Ecommerce Site Operations Manager About UNIQLO UNIQLO is a brand of Fast Retailing Co. (FR), a leading glob [...]
Marketing Operations, Finance Specialist, Remote Your new company Our client, a world leader in information technology, is seeking a Finance Specialist to join their team! This will be a 4.5 mont [...]