Health Careers in Sask
RHA Job Number:GO-00610564-3
Number of Vacancies:1
Hours to International Airport:2.0
Facility Name:Unity and District Health Centre
Employment Term:Part Time
Posting Date:January 29, 2021
Closing Date:January 29, 2022 17:00
Hours of Work:Shift Information: Days
128.00 hours per 6 week rotation
Rate of Pay: $39.230 to $48.920 (6 step range)
The Assistant Head Nurse assists the Care Team Manager to assess, plan, coordinate,
implement and evaluate Nursing Services of the nursing department in keeping with the policies, philosophies and objectives of the HHR.
- Basic Life Support for Care Givers (BLS-HCP)
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA)
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Level C, Basic Cardiac Life Support and/or PAALS Certified
- Minimum 5 years recent acute care clinical experience.
Minimum 3 to 5 years experience working acute and long term care. Preference will be given to the applicant with minimum 1 year leadership experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Supervisory skills
- Computer skills in such programs as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership skills to ensure positive outcomes in care
- Ability to promote a collaborative and team approach
- Ability to lead best practice
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in applying the nursing process
- Ability to teach and mentor nursing staff and other clinical trainees
� Acute Care Focus � An interview may be requested. � Part Time Employees: Scheduled hours of work may be reduced during the rotation stipulated when a statutory holiday is recognized during that period. � The successful candidate shall be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check including a vulnerable sector query as a condition of employment. � OPEN UNTIL FILLED postings are for job vacancies that have gone through the regional posting processes as required by the collective agreements and remain unfilled as there have been no qualified internal applicants. External qualified applicants may now apply. Applications for OPEN UNTIL FILLED postings are reviewed each MONDAY (or the following business day in the case of a Monday statutory holiday) or as determined by the Manager and if there are applicants, the posting is closed. Applications received after closing are late applications and will not be considered.
Geographic Location: Unity
Expected Start Date: November 17, 2020
Expected Up To Date: April 1, 2022
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Boutique Dental Office Seeks Customer Service Specialist: Dental Assistant/Receptionist Who are we? We are a boutique dental office committed to high-quality clinical care and exceptional customer se [...]
The Department of Ophthalmology department strives to provide optimum patient-focused care to all individuals. This results-oriented individual will ensure that all day-to-day clinic activities [...]
St. Michael's Hospital is located in the heart of downtown Toronto, and affiliated with the University of Toronto, employing several full- and part- time EEG and EMG technologists in an academic hosp [...]
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: - Performs technical duties for MRI, ensuring compliance of magnetic safety procedures. - Screens patients/staff/guests entering magnetic scan room. - Consults prot [...]