Health Careers in Sask
RHA Job Number:GO-00619139
Number of Vacancies:1
Hours to International Airport:0.0
Facility Name:Royal University Hospital
Department:Continuing Care Program Development
Employment Term:Full Time
Posting Date:January 29, 2021
Closing Date:February 8, 2021 21:30
Hours of Work:In a 3 week rotation: 14 shifts of 8.00 hours
Rate of Pay: $39.230 to $48.920 (6 step range)
With reporting responsibility to the Manager of Continuing Care the Behavioural Consultant is responsible for assisting with the provision of consultative services for residents with responsive behaviours across the Continuing Care portfolio including longterm care (LTC) homes in Saskatchewan Health Authority - Saskatoon. The incumbent provides behavioural interventions and care plans that are designed to meet the needs of clients with behavioural and/or psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD), acquired brain injury (ABI), developmental challenges, and other mental illness. The incumbent provides consultation services by phone or in person for residents and patients of Continuing Care.
- Current registration in good standing with Saskatchewan Registered Nursing Association (SRNA)
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
The incumbent must have a minimum of three years of related nursing experience (i.e. ABI, mental health, geriatrics), as well as three years experience working in a long term care setting within the last five years working with responsive behaviours. The requirement is for direct recent clinical experience and demonstrated expertise in care delivery to residents with responsive behaviours. Experience with program planning, proposal writing is an asset Experience in quality improvement, monitoring and evaluation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Understand the nursing process and principals of adult learning
- Ability to apply research to nursing practice
- Presentation and public speaking abilities
- Knowledge of policy and procedure development and quality assurance initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent analytical, judgment and decision-making skills
- Demonstrates a consultative collaborative approach with nursing and medical staff
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skill
- Demonstrated skill in teaching
- Demonstrated ability to implement change
- Ability to work autonomously and independently within a team environment
- The incumbent must have a strong clinical knowledge of mental health diagnosis's, dementia, acquired brain injuries, and other medical conditions related to the residents who live in LTC homes and in completing cognitive screening.
- A strong theoretical grounding in the provision of a comprehensive range of services to long term care residents in the management of responsive behaviours.
- Working knowledge of, and ability to use, databases and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of policy and procedure development and quality assurance initiatives.
- A commitment to ongoing education to remain current in the area of behaviour management.
- Consultation skills and ability to interact with internal and external clients (including family, care team members, and leadership in the home).
- Ability to manage and work effectively in a team environment.
- Field hours
Expected Start Date: February 16, 2021
Expected Up To Date: February 16, 2022
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Home Medical Delivery Rep / Driver (Full Time) As part of our Homecare team, your duties would include providing home delivery of oxygen equipment products, including respiratory equipment, to cli [...]
We are looking for part-time and full-time individuals to add to our office team! This is the perfect job for someone who is passionate about online sales, loves creating a personal customer experie [...]
Company : Worley Primary Location : CAN-SK-Saskatoon Job : Warehousing and Material Control Schedule : Full-time Employment Type : Employee Job Level : Experienced Job Posting : Ma [...]
Princess Auto is a Canadian based multi-channel retailer with a global vision. We serve the home, shop, and industrial markets by providing a unique blend of quality products, services, and value base [...]