Health Careers in Sask
RHA Job Number:GO-00614061-1
Number of Vacancies:1
Profession:Primary Care Paramedic
Hours to International Airport:0.8
Facility Name:Outlook and District Health Centre
Employment Term:Part Time
Posting Date:December 29, 2020
Closing Date:December 29, 2021 17:00
Hours of Work:Shift Information: Days, On Call
32.00 hours per 6 week rotation
Rate of Pay: $28.344 to $34.658 (5 step range)
The EMT will respond to calls for service as per dispatch instructions, providing assessment,
treatment and transportation of ill or injured persons. The EMT will cover standby assignment, as operations require.
- Valid Class 4 drivers license
- Clean Driver's Abstract
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) - Basic
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor Certificate, or required to obtain within 1 year of employment
- CMA Accredited Pre-Hospital Care Program at the Primary Care Paramedic (PCP/EMT) level
- Registered with the Saskatchewan College of Paramedics as a Primary Care Paramedic with 2011 National Occupational Competency Profile (NOCP) standards
- Health Care Provider Level C Certification (HCP-C)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to communicate with and maintain an effective working relationship with clients from diverse social, economic and cultural backgrounds
- Must be able to respond to the ambulance within 10 minutes when on-call
- Wherever possible, the employer will endeavour to ensure on-call assignments do not exceed 300 hours in a three-week period
- Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement. HSAS seniority within the Saskatchewan Health Authority will be considered under the Selection Criteria.
� An interview may be requested. � Part Time Employees: Scheduled hours of work may be reduced during the rotation stipulated when a statutory holiday is recognized during that period. � The successful candidate shall be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check including a vulnerable sector query as a condition of employment. � OPEN UNTIL FILLED postings are for job vacancies that have gone through the regional posting processes as required by the collective agreements and remain unfilled as there have been no qualified internal applicants. External qualified applicants may now apply. Applications for OPEN UNTIL FILLED postings are reviewed each MONDAY (or the following business day in the case of a Monday statutory holiday) or as determined by the Manager and if there are applicants, the posting is closed. Applications received after closing are late applications and will not be considered.
Geographic Location: Outlook
Expected Start Date: December 15, 2020
Expected Up To Date: December 15, 2021
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Are you an experienced finance leader looking for your next professional challenge? Does it excite you to have the opportunity to contribute to the already rapid growth of a nation-wide company? Are y [...]
Applicants should be available to start work immediately and be available for possible extension until the end of the current academic year (August 31st 2021). Must be available to work on campus in p [...]
About 40Two Group 40Two Group is a small proposal/marketing consulting firm that provides support to clients in a variety of industries across Western Canada. We provide proposal/RFP management, and [...]
Do you have a passion and talent for giving customers the best experience? When you’re a Customer Service Associate at Union Lighting and Décor you’ll work to create meaningful relationships wit [...]