Hydro One Networks inc.
41321 - Toronto - Rotation - 11 months
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Reporting to the Senior Manager,
Indigenous Relations the successful candidate will contribute in the implementation of Hydro One’s Indigenous Relations Policy and Strategy.
- Contribute to Indigenous engagement and consultation with respect to Transmission and Distribution projects undertaken by Hydro One.
- Contribute in the development of formal and informal briefings for internal stakeholders, executive and the board.
- Assist in the development and analysis of project plans which includes project milestones and budget forecasts.
- Lead coordination with respect to managing issues and concerns raised by Indigenous communities in and effective and efficient and timely manner.
- Lead coordination with respect to organizing regional and or provincial engagement sessions and business workshops with Indigenous leaders and communities and or organizations.
- Work with representatives of Indigenous communities, other utilities, provincial and federal government departments and agencies with respect to relevant projects/programs and issues relating to Indigenous relations.
- Assist in the research, analysis and development of new relationship models related to Indigenous relations across the entire corporation.
- Work with the Business Units to foster positive business relationships with individual Indigenous communities and coordinate consultation and programs to be implemented in the communities.
- Requires knowledge of business administration or Indigenous or Environmental studies to support the work undertaken in the Indigenous Relations.
- Requires a good knowledge of English to prepare documentation and communication skills to effectively communicate to all levels of management and government officials, provincial authorities, government agencies and Indigenous community leaders. This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University training (Grade XII plus 5 years).
- Requires experience with Indigenous communities, in the preparation of material for publication, documentation or other program activities.
- Requires an understanding of Indigenous issues, provincial and federal policies.
- Requires experience to be familiar with the organization, the responsibilities of the business units and the contacts in the areas to be serviced and work programs. A period of over 6 years and up to and including 8 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: February 8, 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Travailler avec Veolia c'est miser sur le savoir-faire et sur la passion de travailler avec l'équipe de spécialistes la plus expérimentée dans le domaine de l'eau au Canada. Nous avons la passion [...]
Veolia Water Technologies offers a full range of technologies and services in design-build, operation, maintenance, modernization and management of water treatment and sanitation systems and facilitie [...]
ACCOUNTING CLERK Demonstrating drive, motivation and enthusiasm, you will provide support to our Engineering teams within our Accounting Department on a part-time basis. You will perform all AP Data [...]
RailTerm is a diversified, safety oriented, rail services contractor with operations throughout North America. We provide custom service solutions to railway operators who wish to outsource mission-cr [...]