Hydro One Networks inc.
41341 - Markham - Regular - Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Acquire fee, easement or other real estate rights and interests from land owners,
grant new or renew existing rights (e.g. license, lease, easement, releases) to parties occupying owned or easement Company properties, and provincially owned corridor lands, and respond to a broad range of customer inquiries relating to owned and easement lands and buildings facilities.
- Administer Company Secondary Land Use Program and Provincial Secondary Land Use Program on corridor lands, grant new or renew existing rights to third-parties occupying owned, easement or Bill 58 lands.
- Dispose of surplus Company properties or lands required for public (e.g. provincial or municipal roadways) or other private interest purposes.
- Review, collect and analyze market sales data, land use planning/site information and other relevant data to prepare appraisals, market value estimates and other real estate reports.
- Undertake multiple client negotiation activities with a variety of external parties (e.g. private owners, industrial, commercial and residential developers or their representatives, lawyers, public sector and government agency parties, First Nations as well as elected representatives.
- Coordinate related acquisition, management and disposal activities to meet Company business and operational needs while ensuring customer interests and concerns are identified and resolved. Approve the final terms of settlement (within specified financial, signing authority, real estate and other related policy limits). Includes reviewing and interpreting plans, drawings and surveys and negotiating, approving and executing all related contracts, administrative documents, authorizations etc.
- Establish clear transaction negotiation options and strategies reflecting overall business objectives to effectively negotiate with differing third party groups. Requires coordinating and conducting well-organized meetings and making effective presentations to third party groups, delivering logical, well developed proposals accompanied by appropriate supporting materials, documents and legal agreements.
- Requires attending, representing the Company or acting as a witness at community information centres, public meetings, forums, hearings, trials and other similar events.
- Establish and maintain necessary business relationships with internal and external client and customer groups, Law Department and other key stakeholder representatives to ensure real estate acquisition, management and disposal strategies, options and activities meet key Company business objectives, while responding to external customer needs and issues.
- Coordinate the involvement of appropriate internal and external representatives to resolve issues or real estate transaction concerns. Assist and influence internal stakeholders and external customers to develop mutually acceptable business and real estate alternatives.
- Keep abreast of the real estate industry, technological or Company specific trends and developments that may impact real estate acquisition, management and disposal activities through both internal and external contacts. Provide real estate acquisition, taxation, management and disposal advice, guidance and information to various internal and external clients and parties, as required and appropriate.
- Meet targeted business goals, timetables, delivery dates etc. established for acquisition, management or disposal work programs. Contribute to target setting activities (e.g. acquisition or refurbishment program deadlines, acquisition, facility management or other cost estimates, secondary land use revenue projections), coordinate and/or develop work plans to ensure targets are met and be directly accountable for meeting defined work program results. Ensure all legislative, governmental and Company operational, environmental and all other relevant requirements are met in carrying out real estate acquisition, management or disposal activities.
- Coordinate or arrange for services of independent fee appraisers, real estate brokers, land use planner, real estate or other professionals in conjunction with the acquisition, management or disposal of Company real estate assets, in accordance with Supervisory direction and approval. Prepare Terms of Reference for Supervisory approval and under Supervisory direction, negotiate compensation for approved services, execute related service documentation, provide general clarification or information to the professional on the work activities undertaken and reconcile final reports to original assignment Terms of Reference/Agreements and cost estimates.
- Periodically supervise staff. Allocate assignments according to job classification and check work progress and accuracy. Instruct staff on work methods, procedures and implementation of changes. Assist in the resolution of work problems and train new staff in job functions and responsibilities.
- Coordinate or prepare a variety of real estate or business case related reports and estimates, budgets, documents or land use planning, marketing, development, disposal or other assessments, as well as negotiation or other strategies, as required.
- Represent the Company at public information centres, meetings, forums, hearings, legal proceedings and other similar events.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires a knowledge of real estate related to industrial, commercial, residential and rural real estate, appraisal, real estate property law, real estate management, land use planning, negotiating techniques, business administration, economics and marketing to develop and implement strategies related to the acquisition, management and disposal of properties, and the preparation of real estate or business case reports, estimates, assessments and in the delivery of proposals.
- Requires a good knowledge of English to communicate effectively with internal and external clients, make presentations, prepare proposals and amend real estate and other legal agreements.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of Grade XII plus 4 years further concentrated study.
- Requires experience in a real estate environment to understand the practical application of real estate valuation, legal and negotiating practices and procedures to acquire, manage and dispose of real estate assets and approve or reject real estate transactions (within specified financial real estate policy and other limits). Requires experience to be familiar with the processes involved in valuing and acquiring fee or easement real estate interests in land, granting rights on owned or easement properties (e.g. licenses, leases, easements), selling properties, interpreting associated drawings, plans and surveys and preparing all associated documentation and legal agreements.
- Requires experience in assessing real estate proposals, developing and implementing effective transaction negotiation strategies and presenting proposals to external parties and coordinating real estate transactions from the initial proposal presentation phase, through negotiations to final documentation.
- Requires experience in understanding the broad scope of the Company’s operational, technical and business requirements and assessing these against external customer business needs and objectives. Requires experience in time management to coordinate real estate work activities.
- A period of over 8 years and up to and including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: February 16, 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Pharmacy Labeler - Specialty Markham Job Description "Bayshore Recruiters will not ask for personal banking information during an interview.” JOB SUMMARY Under the direct supervision of Pharma [...]
Pharmacy Clerk-Specialty Markham Job Description "Bayshore Recruiters will not ask for personal banking information during an interview.” JOB SUMMARY Under the direct supervision of a license [...]
OVERVIEW Reporting to the Team Lead, the Customer Support Representative will be responsible for responding to all types of inbound calls, resolving a variety of customer inquiries, providing email s [...]
Specific Skills - Visit trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events - Select and purchase merchandise for resale - Negotiate prices, discounts, credit terms and transportation a [...]