Hydro One Networks inc.
40861 - Etobicoke - Regular - Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Support the Director - Station Services in implementing the business unit goals/objectives/strategies by providing leadership, direction and supervision to staff at various worksite locations within the GTA Zone.
- Locations Include: Manby/Leaside
- Set targets, develop programs and monitor the continuous improvement of GTA Station Services Zone staff performance.
- Responsible for all direct reports, performance reviews and pay recommendations.
- Ensure the administration and compliance of corporate/business unit policies and procedures, applicable legislation and collective agreements.
- Develop and monitor work programs and ensure compliance of safety programs.
- Plan, organize and assign work to direct reports as well as develop, implement and maintain adequate work methods, procedures and standards.
- Administer and control contract work within the GTA Zone.
- Ensure the appropriate training and development of all direct reports.
- Maintain and enhance internal and external customer relationships.
- Oversee proposal activity related to a variety of work functions ensuring Hydro One and Business Unit interests and guidelines are maintained.
- Provide leadership and direction for the GTA Zone Joint Health & Safety programs, and other safety and work protection related matters.
- Drive continuous improvement enhancements within the zone environment.
- Build service culture within organization, focusing on flexibility, responsiveness, speed, quality and competitiveness.
- Promotion of teamwork between the various disciplines.
- Generation of a customer/client-focused culture, which consistently meets its promised commitments.
- Optimization of all resources at their disposal, and through encouraging innovative ways to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.Promotion of a safe workplace through leadership, clear accountability and adherence to corporate regulatory rules, procedures and practices.
- Maintaining and developing a skilled workforce within GTA Zone.
- Creation of development opportunities which promote success planning.
- Supporting Hydro One in maintaining reliable systems, by facilitating prompt responses within GTA Zone and identifying system improvements.
- Maintaining a team of subordinates who are capable of producing the outputs required; and that subordinate managers continually improve the processes for achieving the outputs.
- Assess staff capability to do the required work, now and in the future.
- Conduct personal effectiveness reviews of subordinates, managers/specialists to build relationships and trust, and to improve effectiveness.
- Mentor and counsel subordinates-once-removed.
Accountability for the Outputs of Others:
- Set the appropriate context for subordinates (i.e. corporate strategies and policies, accountabilities, tasks, budget and programs, compliance and performance targets, expectations for continuous improvement, etc.).
- Set an effective framework of policies and procedures for the work of the unit.
- Know and ensure own and subordinates’ compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements, and all corporate policies and procedures, and generally accepted practices relating to the work of the unit.
- Establish a two-way working relationship with subordinates to solicit their views on conditions and potential changes effecting their work, and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Requires 8-10 years related experience with demonstrated progressive supervisory experience or equivalent.
- Requires knowledge of power system and power equipment operation.
- Requires knowledge of business administration to develop and monitor the budget and to provide costing estimates and specifications on a variety of projects.
- Requires a good knowledge of English for effective communication with staff and the preparation of reports.
- Requires experience with all facets of the electrical and mechanical maintenance disciplines, building trades, different work methods, safety practices, etc., in order to apply theories into practice and to be familiar with common problems.
- Requires experience to be familiar with techniques, technology, practices and procedures as well as inter-relationships with internal and external groups.
- Requires experience to be familiar with the administrative aspects of the work involving the development of training programs planning, scheduling, and organizing of work and methods and the managerial and supervisory aspects of the job.
Demonstrated Management Skills:
- Achievement Motivation - concern for working well or for competing against a standard of excellence.
- Client-Service Orientation - desire to help or serve others, to meet their needs.
- Developing Others - take action to foster the long-term learning or development of others.
- Impact and Influence - able to persuade, convince, influence or impress others.
- Strategic Business Thinking - ability to apply their technical knowledge and experience to making management decisions for achieving business objectives.
- Team Leadership - ability to take a role as leader of a team or other group.
- Team Work - able to work with others as part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: February 16, 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Résumé de la fonction : Une opportunité permanente à temps plein existe au sein d'une des entreprises canadiennes à la croissance la plus rapide. Eden Park est une société de financement autom [...]
Specific Skills - Reconcile accounts - Prepare trial balance of books - Post journal entries - Calculate fixed assets and depreciation - Maintain general ledgers and financial statements [...]
Specific Skills Reconcile accounts Prepare trial balance of books Post journal entries Calculate fixed assets and depreciation Maintain general ledgers and financial statements Calcu [...]
Directly responsible to accurately receive all saleable and non-saleable merchandise, into the store and coordinates all outgoing shipments. Communicates merchandise arrival to store team to ensure ap [...]