Hydro One Networks inc.
41451 - Toronto - Regular - Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
The IT vendor contract manager serves as the owner of the contract between the organization and the IT vendors for which the manager is responsible. This includes management of the contract life cycle and appropriate changes that must be made to the agreement as necessary. Activities will include contract negotiations, modifications, incentives and remedies, with a focus on directing the contract to meet the evolving requirements of key stakeholders and internal customers. The IT vendor contract manager will also be involved, when necessary, in escalation, dispute resolution and audit support. In addition the manager will be responsible for contract financials such as forecast and actuals of spend.
Key skills necessary for this role include expertise in contracting, negotiation, and dispute and escalation management.
- Implement the division’s goals, objectives and strategies in the role of overseeing and measuring IT vendor services and financial management from the Enterprise IT domains: Business Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture & Service Delivery. In addition to supporting Project Services and Customer Satisfaction Management.
- Manage IT Financial Management within EIT department and manage contracts and services related with Inergi, Hydro One Telecom and/or other third-party vendors.
- Optimize cost against quality and risk to create intelligent, metric based cost optimization strategies.
- Perform Service and Performance Reviews:
- Contract Management and Compliance monitoring
- Perform financial budget control, planning and reporting
- Perform Service Support Functions on an escalation basis
- Relationship Management
- Management of Strategic Processes
- Perform Issue Management with Inergi, Hydro One Telecom and/or other third party vendors
- Planning/Implementing New/Revised Services
- Invoice/Charges Review and Approval
- Service Level Management
- IT Asset Control and Investment Planning
- Software Life Cycle Management
- Supervise a team to oversee the operational accounting, monthly close and reporting processes for department including the timely and accurate issuance of appropriate management reports. This includes budget to actual, forecasting and year over year. Review results and significant issues with senior leadership.
- Supervise a team to coordinate the departments Business Operational Accounting forecast component of the confidential business planning process. Ensure all known issues are accounted for appropriately, including forecasting, rates, and Government pronouncements/regulations.
- Provide an oversight role for the operations forecast and the operations budgets.
- Coordinate the preparation of all documentation for division and summarize for all division Directors.
- Evaluate and implement strategies for streamlining and improving the timeliness, accuracy and transparency of the operational accounting and reporting.
- Act as an advisor and consultant to the Manager in providing advice, counsel and representation in technology issues and opportunities in delivery of services for all third party contracts.
- Monitor asset reliability and performance via SLA metrics and Incidents and propose replacement investments, as required.
- Assist with identifying new functionality for asset investments to support a solution, working with the Architecture and Business Manager groups for all third party related contracts.
- Work with Supply Chain to negotiate and influence business units to modify processes to ensure compliance is adhered to with all third party contracts.
- Establish means to promote cost reductions and quality improvements through contracts.
- Act as ISD contract manager through contract negotiations, contract approvals and reporting.
- Recommend and manage a process to implement new or unplanned work with service provider for all third party contracts and how that would impact the current year financial budgets.
- Conduct service and performance reviews, carry out Contract Management and monitor compliance for one or more of services received from an external service provider.
- Identify new services that may be required and negotiate contract amendments for services.
- Assist in the definition of strategic satisfaction measures for Company scorecards, business planning or risk management; arrange for data collection required to monitor and report on measures.
- Perform Invoice/Charges Review.
- Other duties as required
- Manage and motivate staff and contractors.
- Manage budgets for projects/sustainment.
- Develop investments within budget and performance/reliability criteria.
- Set the appropriate context for service providers related to third party contracts (i.e. corporate strategies and policies, accountabilities, tasks, budget and programs, compliance and performance targets, expectations for continuous improvement, etc.)
- Translate the corporate goals and objectives into a direction which guides the work of the service providers and communicate that direction to key account representatives.
- Negotiate and influence behavior of service provider to achieve desired results.
BA in Economics or Bcom major in Finance or Accounting or BSc in Computer Science, Engineering
At least 12 years’ experience in a similar role or appropriate education level. (ie. Master's Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, IT Experience managing IT services, either as a service recipient or service delivery).
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: February 16 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Looking for forklift operated at least 5 years experience in meat company call me 6475331906 [...]
Looking for Delivery Drivers that have their own cargo van to do courier runs from Mississauga. This is not amazon deliveries. ***Must have cargo van/sprinter. No Minivans/SUVs.*** Pay is $2.75/packag [...]
Skilled labourer required for seasonal work Ideal experience: - construction - outside work, various temperatures - carpentry - installation of doors, windows, sidings, roofing, fireplaces and awnings [...]
Online Business Opportunity or Work From Home Opportunity. Calling on Individuals looking to make 5 to 6 figure annual income. Earn more than just a living online. How? By owning your own Online Bus [...]