Humber River Regional Hospital
Join our professional team of Registered Nurses as we work together to deliver compassionate care that is responsive to the healthcare needs of our community.
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse within 8 East Respirology Unit.
Are you a compassionate RN who is focused on delivering high-quality, safe-care? If yes, we invite you to read the details below then apply.
Reporting Relationship: Manager of 8 East & West
Hourly Rate Range: $33.56-48.05
Schedule Requirements: Rotating shifts, 8 or 12 hours, days/evenings/nights/weekends
Location: Wilson site
Employee Group: ONA
- Provide care for chronically ventilated and acutely ill patients with respiratory health problems in collaboration with the Registered Respiratory Therapist where necessary
- Provide care of acutely ill patients with respiratory health problems.
- Assessment, care planning and coordination of care with various team members within an inter-professional setting.
- Utilization of computerized systems for documentation of patient care.
- Participation in project teams or Hospital committees as required.
- Resource/team leader responsibilities.
- Preceptorship of nursing students and new orientees.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS certification or an agreement to obtain within 3 months of commencement into the position.
- Previous Respiratory nursing experience preferred.
- 2 years acute medical/surgical Inpatient experience preferred.
- A commitment to complete specialized training in Respiratory nursing prior to starting on the unit.
- Experience providing care to patients with ventilators, trachestomy, central lines, complex wounds, and feeding tubes is preferred.
- Physical Assessment course preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to set priorities, sound problem solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills.
- Excellent patient/family teaching skills and an ability to promote family centered care.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with a multidisciplinary team, patients, family members and visitors.
- Computer skills required.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record is a requirement
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital
This position will be filled in accordance to the Ontario Nurses Association (ONA) collective agreement.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The primary function of the Receiving Clerk is to processes freight and incoming merchandise. This includes confirming receipt of merchandise, verifying shipments, moving stock, and following procedur [...]
Description du poste : CGI is looking for a BSA with LIBOR experience to join the Banking Business Unit. Fonctions et responsabilités : We will need a BSA to write an SRD from the LIBOR BRD. [...]
Position Description: CGI is a global business and technology service provider with over $11B in revenues. We are on a mission to help financial services organizations focus on servicing their client [...]
Position Description: We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we're still growing! We have a challenging career opportunity for Application Suppo [...]