BMO Financial Group
100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
The Business Analyst will contribute to the Wealth Distribution’s partnership mandate by providing business intelligence analytic services as it relates to collaboration between LOBs. Identifies, gathers, evaluates and analyzes data. Partner with LOB leads to obtain drivers and insights to develop and provide dashboards and reports that provide fact based insights on strategic initiatives. Produces analytical products and reports to establish links, sequences, gaps, trends and patterns. Makes recommendations based on analytic interpretations, predictions and conclusions.
Produces analytical and intelligence products and reports for Management and business/groups.
- Normalizes data, converts it into an intelligence product and distributes to internal stakeholders.
- Prepares intelligence & business reports to support background checks.
- Designs, produces and presents regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards to internal stakeholders.
- Works with business/group as required on intelligence operationalization initiatives.
- Improves operational methods and workflows by identifying, recommending and implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Undertakes analysis of extensive data sets and open source information.
- Participates in the design, development and implementation of intelligence solutions.
- Extrapolates from questionable/incomplete data, validates analytical conclusions, and integrates contributions from other sources to prepare complete intelligence products.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service while adhering to all regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Recommends and implements process improvement initiatives.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced experience with analytical and database software.
- Knowledge of a wide range of research and collection methods and analytical applications.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth
· Strong SAS & SQL programming (certified or tested, during interview), 2 Languages would be helpful but 1 minimum
· Advanced Excel
· PowerPoint/Think Cell
· PowerBI working knowledge would be ideal
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
What is Avesdo? We are working hard at Avesdo to simplify the journey of buying a new home. Our application is a complete point of sale, analytical and reporting platform that has quickly become t [...]
Job Description Thomson Reuters is looking for a few highly skilled cyber security specialists. Be part of an exciting, fast-paced environment that will help Thomson Reuters strengthen its positio [...]
Job Type: Permanent Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations: Toronto Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching Partner with cli [...]
Data Analyst, Head Office, Halifax, NS Killam Apartment REIT, based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is one of Canada’s largest residential landlords, owning, operating and developing a $3.7 billion portfo [...]