BMO Financial Group
525 8th Avenue SW, Suite 3200
Job Family Group:
Provides a variety of general office support services and clerical tasks to support to one or more business groups and facilitate group operations. Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate delivery of business objectives in accordance with applicable policies, processes, and controls. Troubleshoots and resolves routine problems according to policies, standard procedures, schedules, and deadlines and maintains audit trails, or escalates non-routine problems.
- Compiles, copies, sorts, and files records of office activities and business transactions.
- Administers a filing system to ensure the availability of business and operational reports, forms, and other documentation.
- Creates, maintains, and enters information into databases.
- Prepares funding approval requests for department projects.
- Tracks, verifies, and processes department budget and capital expenditure invoices.
- Resolves or escalates invoice discrepancies in accordance with accounts payable policies, procedures, and vendor agreements.
- Assists with the coordination and processing of work orders for equipment warranties, maintenance, and repairs (e.g. documents, tracks, and communicates maintenance requests to appropriate areas for execution).
- Maintains office supplies inventory, checks inventory of supply stocks, places and facilitates the execution of office supply orders, and verifies receipt.
- Schedules meetings and coordinates applicable audio-visual equipment, catering, room setup, and conference calls.
- Books travel arrangements and prepares itineraries for management.
- Answers central phone lines, responds to and resolves or escalates inquiries for resolution
- Supports the development of tailored messaging by writing, editing, and distributing communications materials (e.g. correspondence, agendas, presentations, proposals, reports, bulk emails, and policies and procedures) and dispatching outgoing communication.
- Processes modifications and updates to departmental procedures for manager’s approval, ensuring new information and procedures are provided to the team.
- Verifies staff timesheets and collects and tracks staff attendance data (e.g. overtime, sick, and vacation time) in accordance with applicable guidelines to ensure consistency and determine staff availability.
- Liaises with internal business units and external vendors to coordinate and implement changes to premises to accommodate incoming and outgoing staff and contractors (e.g. relocations, office planning and new furniture requirements) with minimal interruptions to business operations.
- Completes standardized tasks under supervision.
- Performs initial problem solving within given rules/limits & escalates when required.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Certificate in Office Administration is desirable.
- Working knowledge of general office procedures.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, such as photocopiers and printers.
- General knowledge of audio visual equipment to conduct training and demonstrations, perform maintenance, and troubleshoot issues.
- Basic knowledge learned on the job.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Basic (in business environment).
- Organization skills - Basic (in business environment).
- Collaboration & team skills - Basic (in business environment).
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- or equivalent experience Other Languages - Mandarin Geographical Areas of Specialization - China Budgetary Responsibility - $500,001 - $1,500,000 Work Setting - Steel mill and metal [...]
Successful candidate(s) will be personal, friendly and presentable with above average communication skills. Duties include: Manage Sales & Presentation Centre including opening and closing. Answe [...]
Role description: As Intake Worker and Administrative Assistant, you will generally be responsible for intake of new clients and office administration tasks. Specifically, the role involves the follo [...]
Job Title: Operations Coordinator Department: Calgary Operations Reports To: Operations Manager Shift Time: Mon – FRI (600-1430) Summary This position requires a resourceful and self-directed i [...]