Canadian National Railway
At CN, we work together to move our company-and North America-forward. Be part of our Information & Technology (I&T;) team, a critical piece of the engine that keeps us in motion. From enterprise architecture to operational technology, our teams use the agile methodology to automate and digitize our railroad ensuring our operations run optimally and safely and our employees can focus on value-added tasks. You will be able to develop your skills and career in our close-knit, safety-focused culture working together as ONE TEAM. The careers we offer are meaningful because the work we do matters. Join us!
In complex projects such as Rail Automation,
PTC and ATIP where multiple solution areas/major components and technology are involved, this role is responsible to develop, maintain and apply solutions to guarantee GIS data quality, integrity, synchronization with other system and for the administration and design of all the data quality monitoring system (spatial and non-spatial) from delivery and service perspective. The Geospatial Data Intelligence Modeler Specialist is responsible for all data modeling activities and communicating any issues or defects identified by the GIS data quality monitoring system. This includes appropriate documentation and communication to appropriate parties. He/she is the glue between all the players in a complex and multi layer project team to expose and solve challenges with the goal of providing optimal data model that meet business expectations. This person must have experiences in geomatics, ETL, Data Modeling and SQL.
Geospatial Data Modeling
- Support and collaborate with Architecture and Project Management to define solution and high-level plan.
- Propose optimal data model that meet business requirements.
- Support the GIS Experts team with data modeling requests.
- Maintain GIS Data Model in enterprise software Data Modeler (eg. Erwin).
Spatial Data Management Best Practice & Monitoring
- Cultivate, decimate and enforce functional policies, procedures and best practices.
- Ensure accuracy of all the spatial reports deployed to different business units.
- Automate the issues reports and assignments to proper data stakeholders.
- Administrator of the centralized GIS Data Integrity & System synchronization Monitoring Dashboard.
Geospatial Data Management Testing
- Coordinate GIS business rules test activities with the various specialists and satellite teams.
- Conduct unit, functional and integration testing.
- Prepare test cases/scenarios and test data.
Geospatial Data Management Performance
- Ensure performance and sustainability of all the spatial reports deployed to the different business units.
- Apply and ensure compliance with all applicable CN IT standards (Code quality, Security, Architecture, Project Delivery Methodology, SOX, etc.)
- Active participation in Data Modeling Governance meeting.
The role has standard working conditions in an office environment with a regular workweek from Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of the role, the incumbent must be able to meet tight deadlines, handle pressure and manage stress.
- Minimum 4 years experience with Oracle Spatial technology.
- Minimum 4 years experience with Erwin Data Modeler
- Minimum 4 years experience with operating and supporting GIS Enterprise solution.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with physical and relational data modeling
- Experience with FME (Asset).
- Experience with metadata management and related tools
- Experience with Topological Network Modeling.
- Experience with GIS processes Automation.
- Experience with GIS technical environment and configuration, effective GIS asset management system design, operation and maintenance.
- Experience in geomatics, data modeling, database optimization and integrity rules.
- Ability to develop and maintain linear reference model (LRM and LRS) and GIS functionality and concepts in Oracle Spatial (e.g. Spatial Analysis, linear referencing system, etc.)
- Experience in the integration of custom software solutions over full project lifecycle (architecture - design - build - integration - testing - deployment - support).
- Experience adhering to standard systems and data security protocols.
- Assess and leverage as applicable existing IT infrastructure.
- Analytical/problem solving skills
- GIS/IT Technical diploma, certification or equivalent experiences.
- Bachelor of Geomatics, geodesy or Geomatics Engineering (asset)
- Master Level Degree in computer science, Geographical Information system (GIS) (asset)
- Share information and demonstrate good collaboration skills.
- Addresses risks in a timely manner to eliminate them.
- Innovates through problem solving.
- Inspires others with impactful communications and adapts to the audience through speech and writing.
- Demonstrates good judgment in decision making and makes difficult and timely decisions.
- Prioritize individual development and continuous learning.
- Deals with pressure and change by staying calm to quickly adapt to changes.
- Builds a relationship with clients and provides valuable services.
- Railroad and/or Engineering & Transportation business Experiences (Asset).
- SQL Development.
- Data modeling.
- Erwin Data Modeler.
- Oracle Spatial Technology and Spatial Algorithms.
- Cloud and Big Data Experiences (Asset).
- GIS Linear Referencing System (LRS) Development.
- GIS Network Topology Modeling and Spatial Algorithms Development.
- Engineering Assets Management System (Asset).
CN is a world-class transportation leader and trade-enabler. Essential to the economy, to the customers, and to the communities it serves, CN safely transports more than 300 million tons of natural resources, manufactured products, and finished goods throughout North America every year. As the only railroad connecting Canada’s Eastern and Western coasts with the Southern tip of the U.S. through a 19,500 mile rail network, CN and its affiliates have been contributing to community prosperity and sustainable trade since 1919. CN is committed to programs supporting social responsibility and environmental stewardship. At CN, we work as ONE TEAM, focused on safety, sustainability and our customers, providing operational and supply chain excellence to deliver results.
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Nous sommes a la recherche d'agent(e) de prevention des pertes (detective de plancher) Veillez prendres notes que toutes les candidatures seront prises par courriel seulement!!! Faire parvenir votre [...]
Bonjour, nous sommes à la recherche d'un(e) pâtissier(e) pour compléter notre superbe équipe. Si vous êtes passionné par les produits faits maison, avec des ingrédients de qualité et respectan [...]
Address: 1501 McGill College Avenue Job Family Group: Business Management As a co-op/intern student at BMO, you will have the opportunity to be heard, keep growing and make a difference. You w [...]
OVERNIGHT CUSTOMER SERVICE – DELIVERY SERVICE PERMANENT AND FULL-TIME POSITION WORK FROM HOME GEXEL is a customer contact center and a call center that has been growing continuously for more th [...]