Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc.
LIFE ENRICHMENT ASSISTANT
Amica Stoney Creek
Part-Time Contract - 30 hours per week
Amica Senior Lifestyles offers retirement living options and care services to 3600 seniors in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia. With an emphasis of being a great place to call home, our team’s mission is to empower seniors to flourish by supporting them in mind, body, and spirit. In over 40 communities (and growing) we provide first-class independent living, assisted living and memory care living options.
A day in the life of a Life Enrichment Assitant:
You will be responsible for assisting with the Activity Programs in the Community.
You will take a hands-on approach in the development and facilitation of dynamic opportunities and experiences that add value and enrich the lives of our community members.
How do I qualify?
You must have:
- A degree/diploma in Gerontology,, Therapeutic Recreation, Leisure Studies, Activation, Recreation, Sociology or Psychology or a related discipline (ie. Personal Training, Group Fitness Instructor etc).
- Education and/or experience in geriatric programming in a related setting.
- Knowledge of the effects of exercise on age related changes; able to develop and implement exercise programs.
- Knowledge of adaptations and modifications to programming to benefit individuals with cognitive, physical and sensory impairments.
- Current certificate in CPR and First Aid.
- Experience working directly with seniors.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position including lifting, portering, and leading multiple fitness programs throughout the day.
- Valid driver’s license and/or special class license (or willingness and ability to obtain).
- Experience and passion for creating innovative programs that promote active living.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently execute responsibilities in a caring and supportive manner.
- Interest and desire to work with mature adults to promote healthy lifestyle choices and independence.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Word, Publisher, Excel and the Internet.
Position Vacant Until Filled
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Staalduinen Floral Ltd. processes & distributes an extensive line of cut flowers, flowering plants, cut greens and floral supplies. Staalduinen Floral has been a well-respected name in the floral indu [...]
Job Description Customer Site Packaging 428 Millen Road, Unit #7, Stoney Creek, ON L8E 3N9 Part-Time Shift(s): MON TUE WED THU FRI 7:00 am-5:00 pm Up to 28 hours/week OVERVIEW: Wo [...]
Job Posting #:201294 Position Available: OTA-PTA Status: Temporary Full-Time (1.0 FTE) Department: Allied Health - Physiotherapy Union: C.U.P.E. Shifts: Days Rate: $25.23 - $26.26 [...]
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the worl [...]