About Apotex Inc.
Apotex Inc. is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines for patients around the world. Apotex employs almost 8,000 people worldwide in manufacturing, R&D;, and commercial operations. Apotex Inc. exports to more than 100 countries and territories and operates in more than 45 countries, with a significant presence in Canada, the US, Mexico, and India. Through vertical integration, Apotex is comprised of multiple divisions and affiliates including Apotex Inc., focused on generics; Apobiologix, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on biosimilar development; Aveva, an affiliate of Apotex Inc.
fully integrated global developer and manufacturer of complete transdermal solutions; Apotex Consumer Products, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on brand name products; and Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (GAPI), a division of Apotex Inc. focused on the manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) for Apotex and third parties. For more information visit: www.apotex.com.
The Production Engineering role is part of the Production team, a dedicated professional committed to continuous improvement, creating the environment for the success of Production group. Reporting directly to the Production Manager, the Production Engineering will be responsible for providing support to operational teams and acting as a resource with specialized knowledge pertaining to equipment and operating technologies at the site. This role supports, simplifies and streamlines activities of the Production Department as well a variety of project deliverables.
- Support and propose different projects in production plants, focusing on standardization and improvement of unit operations leading to consistent production execution times
- Support the full project life cycle, including developing project scope and user specifications, preparing cost estimates and feasibility studies and seeing the project to final completion, as required
- Works with Engineering department to get all necessary permits and certifications, complete technical review of engineering specifications and test plans and work with individual Start-Up Teams to ensure all the appropriate commissioning, qualification and training plans are in place
- Provide support to Production team on process knowledge with Safety and GMP disciplines to ensure Production execution as planned
- Designate on behalf of Production team to review equipment change control, equipment qualification documentation, SOP updates, and overall GMP compliance
- Works closely with production operators, process and engineering designates to establish and update periodically user requirements for all GMP production equipment
- Designate on behalf of the Production team to investigate safety related events and hazard recognition submissions together with other department designates in the shortest possible time. Completes/reviews reports, submits proposals for elimination of hazards
- Works in a safe manner collaborating as a team member to achieve all outcomes
- Bachelor degree in science; B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering is preferred; P.Eng designation is an asset
- 5 years’ experience in a chemical industrial environment, preferably with a pharmaceutical, food or cosmetics background
- 3 years' experience in an engineering role
- Thorough knowledge of production equipment, process unit operations and industrial facility systems
- Working knowledge of safety, code regulations and GMP requirements is highly desired
- Sound technical, hands-on process knowledge and expertise; experience in the Chemical/ Pharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Knowledge in chemical plant safety including process chemistry and operational safety is considered as asset
- Excellent critical thinking skills for decision making with systematic approach
- Knowledge of operations streamlining processes: kaizen, six sigma is an asset
- Previous exposure to managing projects is preferred
- Hands-on knowledge of design utilizing AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Delta V and Visio is preferred
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Location: Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Brantford, Stoney Creek, Grimsby & St Catharines. Alert Best Nursing - Senior Care & Home Care is currently looking for skilled, proactive, and motivated i [...]
Position: Porter Status: Permanent Part-Time Hours: Saturday and Sunday: Days; 10am-6pm Site: Walker’s Nofrills – Brantford, ON Job Summary: As a member of the G.E Facilities Support Services [...]
Position: Porter Status: Permanent Part-Time Hours: Saturday and Sunday: Days; 10am-6pm Site: Walker’s Nofrills – Brantford, ON Job Summary: As a member of the G.E Facilities Suppor [...]
Location: Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Brantford, Stoney Creek, Grimsby & St Catharines. Alert Best Nursing - Senior Care & Home Care is currently looking for skilled, proactive, and motivated [...]