WJS Canada Home Share Services for Children and Family Services and Community Living Services, serves children, youth and adults with moderate to severe behavioral problems, or who may be diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or FASD, Developmental Disabilities (DD), or other Mental health diagnosis, in our Shared Living programs throughout the Lower Mainland, British Columbia (Mileage is paid). Persons served live with the host family or have their own suite at the host family’s home.
Our commitment is to provide the people we serve with programs that maximize progress and independence, support unique strengths and qualities, and encourage integration into the community.
We work to improve quality of life served by enabling those in our care to be as self directed as possible and encouraging them to make their own decisions as to what they want for their lives.
In Your Role You Will
- Develop and implement competency based training and coordinates professional supports for home share providers.
- Provide regularly scheduled and/or unannounced monitoring visits to homes.
- Work with case management teams to develop and implement comprehensive transition plans that ensure individuals are successful transitioning into new homes; transitioning from children to adult services, and transitions related to discharge.
- Assist home share providers to develop emergency response, safety and contingency planning.
- Utilize standardized assessment and monitoring instruments to ensure continuity of procedures and consistency in follow up.
- Conduct home studies as required.
- Review recommendations and required action plans with home share providers.
- Write incident reports as required.
- Ensure all home share locations are operating in conformance with CARF/COA standards and legislated requirements.
- Maintain current contact notes and program reports.
- Liaise with funders, families and community agencies.
- Attend and provides information at multidisciplinary case management meetings as required
- Provide crisis intervention services as needed
- Participate in the quality improvement and risk management committees
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as required.
The Home Share Coordinator (Quality Analyst - QA) oversees home share providers who, under an agreement with WJS, share their home with a person(s) with a developmental disability. The QA recruits, screens and selects new home share providers based on an established criteria. Also assists current home share providers in planning for transitions, monitors the service, and provides quality assurance to funders, families and the agency. Also completes other office-related duties, including data entry, filing, etc.
One (1) temporary full-time position available, with a weekly schedule of 40 hours per week:
- Monday through Friday, 0900-1700, with some flexibility required to meet the operational needs of the contracted providers
- Requires the full ability to perform on-call duties
- Ability to travel within the Lower Mainland region
- Hourly wage compensatory with skills and experience related to the position.
- Duration of the position is dependent on the return of the incumbent.
Criminal Record Check/Ministry Check Statement
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
- Social work degree or equivalent combination of education and experience related to this field. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum two years of related experience in working with individuals and their families
- Valid CPR / First Aid certificate (or willingness to obtain during probation)
- In order to travel throughout the Lower Mainland, British Columbia to WJS Canada Shared Living programs (Mileage is paid) you MUST HAVE a valid BC Driver’s License, clean and current driver’s abstract with a reliable, safe vehicle including appropriate insurance .
- Valid Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Certificate and Conflict Resolution Certificate
- Preference for candidates that have successfully completed the Safe Home course*
- Will accept the CLBC-approved Home Study course at the time of hiring, with the requirement to complete the SAFE Home Course during employment.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is "We serve individuals and families with high quality, personalized, and culturally responsive support". The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, whi [...]
: 1143844 Position Summary: Primarily a sales position, the Technology Sales Area Representative maximizes sales by leveraging strong selling skills while assisting customers in Capital Goods (Divi [...]
Salary: $30.00/Hourly Job Type: Full Time, Permanent Start Date: As soon as possible Language: English Minimum Education: Diploma Positions Available: 1 NOC Group: User Support Tec [...]
Bachelor's degree 2 years to less than 3 years Specific Skills Confer with clients to identify and document requirements Conduct business and technical studies Design, develop and imp [...]