Scarborough Health Network
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
The Unit Clerk II is responsible for patient registration, reception, transcribing Doctors' orders, booking tests, maintaining supplies, replacing sick time calls and other related duties as assigned. Hours of work are days, evenings, nights and weekends as scheduled.
This Job Posting is posted under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act - Bill 195.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Secondary School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in general office or health care environment
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of medical terminology and the ability to transcribe Doctor’s orders
- Strong keyboarding and PC skills including demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel and Powerpoint applications
- Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, documentation skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Demonstrates a commitment to ongoing education and learning
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance
- Sitting, standing, bending, reaching
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate 2 years to less than 3 years - or equivalent experience Equipment and Machinery Experience - Small engine equipment - Shovel - Pick-up [...]
Technical Consultant - NOW - HR Location- Toronto,ON Type- Contract/FTE Job Description - Experience in on Service Now HR module implementation / customizations and workflows and governance. [...]
Job Summary How would you like to work with one of Canada's most prestigious and well respected automotive groups? Join Auto World Imports Network! Headquartered in Thornhill Ontario, we are a pre [...]
Account Analyst Reports to – Manager, Customer Success Location – Saint John, NB; St. John's, NL; Calgary, AB; London, ON; *Remote applications will be considered* Quorum is currently look [...]