FirstCon Group Ltd.
FirstCon group ltd. Is looking to hire a Project Superintendent with construction Project Management experience to join our growing team. If you are a hard-working professional and have experience with cast in place and form work and stick frame build, this is a perfect job for you. Experience in residential condo project management is a must. Your primary role will be to complete the Muskoka Bay project.
Determine and define scope of work and deliverables
Predict resources needed to complete project
Obtain necessary permits, approvals, and other regulatory prerequisites
Draft and submit budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
Manage costs to meet budget
Provide direction over contracts and subcontracts
Manage construction schedule and activities
Issue progress updates as needed regarding costs and timelines
Ensure work is done in compliance with all relevant building and safety codes
Select and manage subcontractor and supplier relationships
Coordinate efforts across entire project between architects, designers, engineers, and subcontractors
Bachelor's degree in building construction, construction management
10 years minimum of experience in project management construction
5 years with the same company
Experience with mixed use low and mid-rise residential
Comfortable reading and understanding blueprints and drawings
Proficient in Microsoft 365 and general computer software
Demonstrated knowledge of construction, engineering, and architecture principles
Ability to budget, schedule, negotiate, and control costs
High degree of familiarity with contract and subcontract documents, terms, and conditions
Strong leadership and management skills
1. Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities:
Your primary role will see you serve as a key member of the project delivery team for FirstCon Group Ltd., your role will also include contributing to setting new policies and procedures for standards of practice within FirstCon. Your role is to plan and manage the delivery of construction management services (pre-construction, construction, and post construction phases) in accordance with the standard form contract CCDC 5a 2010.
2. Principal Responsibilities/Tasks:
- Work together with the project delivery team and the client (Freed Developments Ltd.) project team in the delivery of projects.
- Assist the client (Freed Developments or the project development partnership) in the management of the project design team and other project related consultants.
- Work with authorities having jurisdiction on matters pertaining the project as required in the capacity of the project’s construction manager.
- Preparation and presentation of periodic reports, budgets, schedules to the client.
- Working closely with the pre-construction manager to learn and maintain the existing construction monitoring methods currently in place.
- Contract documentation, tendering, drawing reviews, and specification / scope of work reviews.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date logs (RFI, shop drawings, site instructions, etc.) and updating project files accordingly.
- Coordination of day-to-day on-site business as prudent and as directed.
- Liaising and coordinating with consultants, trades, staff, and other persons as required for drawing and quotation clarifications, sample submittals, shop drawing reviews, etc., as necessary.
- Organizing, distributing, and tracking construction documents via transmittals.
- Monitoring and reporting of trades' work as the building progresses.
- Assist in project permitting and approvals.
- Co-ordinating and running site meetings, consultant meetings, and owner meetings as required.
- Ensuring that the quality of work and materials is upheld.
- Ensuring that both the health and safety project plans are implemented.
- Ensuring that the budget is followed.
- Project handover and closeout.
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested.
Project Field Management:
· Plan and manage the on-site activities, labour, trades, schedule, and timely deliveries of materials and services, in accordance with the construction management services (pre-construction, construction, and post construction phases) standard form contract CCDC 5A 2010.
· Work together with the project delivery team and the client (Freed Developments Ltd.) project team in the delivery of projects.
· Work with the project design team and other project related consultants regarding matters (design clarifications, changes, problem solving, constructability, methodology) pertaining to the project.
· Work with authorities having jurisdiction on matters pertaining the project as required in the capacity of the project’s Superintendent.
· Plan and manage all project site safety and ensure that all project site activities are in total compliance with FirstCon Group Inc. Safety Policies and Procedures.
· At all times, maintain current project site documentation, logs, and schedules.
· At all times, follows FirstCon Field Management Procedures.
Reference ID: Muskoka Bay Resort
Expected start date: 2020-11-03
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) (Preferred)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Looking for someone interested in a career opportunity to become a care worker in my home. PSW certificate not required as we will train you for this position. This includes all my personal care and a [...]
Join One of the Fastest Growing Privately Held Media Companies in North America. We Are Recognized Year After Year for our Outstanding Growth, Positive Culture and Opportunity. About Us Best Ve [...]
Calling all Frontline Heroes who are ready to make a difference!! At The Manor Gravenhurst are painfully aware of the impact that COVID-19 has had on our society. Unfortunately, long-term care and [...]
Calling all Frontline Heroes who are ready to make a difference!! At The Manor Gravenhurst are painfully aware of the impact that COVID-19 has had on our society. Unfortunately, long-term care and r [...]