Ministry of Health
Consider this challenging opportunity as an Ambulance Communications Officer with the Ministry of Health, Lindsay Central Ambulance Communications Centre.
This position is available for dedicated individuals to work rotating shifts in a 24/7 environment.
The successful candidate will be offered a position as Ambulance Communications Officer with the dispatch centre. As a dispatch centre employee, the ministry will provide a comprehensive seven weeks Entry-to-Practice (ETP) training program in land ambulance dispatching, at an assigned dispatch training facility operated by the ministry. During the ETP training, the employee is paid as a Central Ambulance Communications Centre staff member and costs relating to the training,
including travel and accommodation, if applicable, are paid for by the ministry.
Following the successful completion of the ETP training program, the employee must write and pass the Ministry of Health Ambulance Communications Officer certification examination. The employee will return to his/her dispatch centre for a local training and coaching program as part of the training requirements.
This competition may be used to fill upcoming opportunities within the next 14 months following the job ad closing date.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will work rotating shifts in a 24/7 environment. You will:
- Process 9-1-1 emergency and non-emergency requests for ambulance service
- Direct ambulance movements
- Provide pre-arrival instructions
- Communicate with individuals under stress
- Operate complex computer-aided telecommunications equipment
How do I qualify?
Job offer is conditional on the successful completion of the following:
- Proficiency in typing at 35 w.p.m. with 90% accuracy
- Satisfactory criminal record check
- Entry-to-Practice (ETP) training and local on-the job training
- Standard First-Aid and Targeted Responder CPR Certificate within 30 days of employment
- Restricted Radio Operator Certificate within 30 days of employment
- Communications Officer Provincial Certification
Multi-Tasking, Organizational and Memory Recall Skills
- Ability to coordinate a variety of activities and resources
- Ability to maintain control of situation under pressure
- Ability to manage on-going stress effectively
- Memory recall skills
Decision Making, Problem Solving and Critical Thinking Skills
- Ability to use professional judgement and critically assess the problem to make sound decision
- Ability to set priority and delegate when required
- Ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures and information
Interpersonal, Communication and People Skills
- Demonstrate team work, tact and diplomacy
- Assertive communication skills to maintain control of call and calm others
- Ability to provide coaching and education to others
- Ability to apply communication techniques to manage issues, and know who/when/how/under what circumstance to communicate and escalate
- Listening skills (part of communicating in a non-visual environment)
Other Professional Skills
- Demonstrate customer service orientation and respect to others
- Evidence of a continuous learner, and ability to receive constructive criticism
- Take initiative and be inspiring to others
- Ability to adapt to changes and be an agent of change
- Ability to follow and give directions
- Proficiency in computer software and computer-based telecommunications applications
- Good understanding of spatial concepts, and ability to read maps, calculate time, distance and movement
Hours of Work
- The hours of work are 0-40 hours per week. You are expected to work rotating shifts in a 24/7 environment.
3 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 6 months, 440 Kent St W, Lindsay, East Region, Criminal Record Check
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Category: Health and Social Services
Posted on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Consider this opportunity at the Central East Correctional Centre to showcase your food services skills and experience. What can I expect to do in this role? - Assist staff with the retherm [...]
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Life Enrichment Assistant FT An opportunity currently exists for a Full Time Life Enrichment Assistant at Prince of Peace Harbour. Under the direction of the Life En [...]
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Casual Life Enrichment Assistant An opportunity currently exists for a Casual Life Enrichment Assistant at Prince of Peace Manor and Harbour. Under the direction of [...]
Setlakwe c'est 6 grands magasins de meubles, matelas, électro et décoration où nous meublons de bonheurs les familles. Entreprise familiale fondée au Québec il y a presque 100 ans. Chaque pe [...]