Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation
Job Number: 84652
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: McMaster University Medical Centre
Organization: Community & Pop Health Services
Status: Temporary Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: Non Union Employees
Minimum Salary: 27.8300 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 35.6800
Post Date: Nov 9, 2020, 11:00:00 PM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Nov 16, 2020, 10:59:00 PM
The Virtual Care Operations Team, which is part of the Urgent & Ambulatory Care program, is a new team at Hamilton Health Sciences that will deliver and support an enterprise approach to virtual care best practice,
ensuring a seamless delivery of quality virtual care for patients, providers and the community. The Virtual Care Operations Team has a six month priority to standardize virtual care processes and approach, informed by supporting pilot areas, evaluations and ongoing operational support.
Reporting to the Manager, Virtual Care, the Virtual Care Coordinator will be an integral member of the Virtual Care Operations Team. The role will support requests and processes related to virtual care from clinical operations (i.e. physicians, health professionals and administrative support) across HHS, as well as support the Virtual Care Operations Team with project coordination and process improvements.
The Virtual Care Coordinator will provide support with a lens of continuous quality improvement, in an effort to enhance and drive process improvements with both the Virtual Care Operations Team and supported units/teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide clinical operations support (i.e. to physicians, administrative support) with relation to virtual care processes, procedures and best practice
- Contribute and participate in continuous quality improvement of the virtual care approach
- Supporting the virtual care team with project coordination, including tracking improvement opportunities, perform research and synthesis of information, and/or support virtual care committees and follow up actions
- Other ad hoc duties as required, such as coordinate virtual care training/orientation, and/or coordinate patient and provider surveys
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday; days.
This position is temporary until May 2021.
Education and Work Experience:
- College diploma in related field required; undergraduate degree an asset; and/or equivalent related work experience
- 2+ years work experience supporting patient visit bookings, with a passion for continuous improvement and customer support
- 2+ years work experience supporting clinical or administrative teams with project coordination and/or process improvements as a participant or lead of the work
- Considerable knowledge and experience with healthcare terminology
- Considerable experience with HHS booking & clinical platforms (i.e. Community Wide Scheduling, Meditech, PatientLink); strong understanding of patient registration, booking and scheduling policies & processes
- Experience as a business clerk or administrative assistant an asset
- Experience with Zoom Healthcare and OTN Hub platforms
- Strong ability and demonstrated experience with Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with SharePoint, Hub and website platforms including access management, an asset
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with little supervision; organize and establish priorities within multiple projects and tasks, demonstrated ability to meet project and task deadlines and adjust quickly to changing requirements
- Strong results orientation and energy and enthusiasm and must be able to thrive in a fast paced working environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively coordinate multiple tasks in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment
- Demonstrate excellence in effective communication, customer support, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to analyze, think critically and problem solve in an effort to support continuous improvement;
- Process continuous quality improvement and project coordination experience and passion for exploring opportunities and finding efficiencies
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at (phone hidden), Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are growing, join our team! Enhance learning & inspire confidence in children ages 4 -12. If you are currently looking for a position with development and growth opportunities, and a fun and su [...]
EIC Controls Technician - Maple & Niagara Area Reference Code: 75802 Location: Canada (CA) - Cambridge, ON , Hamilton, ON Job Category: Trades/Technical Employment Type: Employee Full-time Re [...]
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE DRIVING 26’ STRAIGHT TRUCKS. Full time position delivering auto parts on scheduled route between Belleville and Hamilton and return and Belleville and [...]
Picking and Packaging Positions Available!!! A local award winning winery with over 4 generations of expertise has created product lines for every wine enthusiast. This company has a great cult [...]