Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation
Job Number: 84615
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: David Braley Research Bldg
Status: Regular Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: Non Union Employees
Minimum Salary: 27.8300 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 35.6800
Post Date: Nov 9, 2020, 11:00:00 PM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Nov 16, 2020, 10:59:00 PM
The Population Health Research Institute (PHRI), a joint institute of Hamilton Health Sciences and McMaster University, with over 300 employees working directly with 60 researchers.
PHRI conducts clinical research internationally in 102 countries and is a world leader in large, global health and population and health outcomes research. Our capacity to conduct multiple international studies concurrently, with tens of thousands of participants in each, is a capability very few organizations in the world can match.
1. Design, creation/setup (in Framemaker), testing/validation and modification of Case Report Forms based on protocol requirements with the purpose of facilitating statistical analysis and data quality processes.
2. Plan study meetings and teleconferences including scheduling, tracking of attendee responses, assisting with travel arrangements if required and creation of meeting materials. Provide training and administer site management expectations to RAA/RA roles, including through team meetings.
3. Train and direct Research Assistants/Data Management Assistants
4. Track ongoing site IP usage and quantities using IP management system and/or supporting spreadsheets, shipments and create IP usage projection reports.
5. Design and create outcome event adjudication database and required event adjudication forms and documents including event adjudication manual, event adjudicator training, decision forms, and reports
6. Coordinate site start-up process (either with the site personnel directly or through National Leader or other office)
7. Review and provide input and necessary documents for regulatory applications with (Sr) Research Coordinator, National Leader office or other office
8. Design, creation, requesting, and testing/validation of reports (data quality, quality control, DSMB reports, central statistical data monitoring reports)
9. Write, implement and update the data management plan, data validation guidelines
10. Create budgets and budget justifications for various grant application
11. Other duties as assigned
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday 37.5 hours/week
1. Undergraduate Degree in Biology, Health Sciences or Health Studies.
2. Minimum 2 years’ experience in multi-centre research studies or equivalent experience.
3. Experience with the management of large research datasets, preferably clinical data.
4. Working knowledge of ICH-GCP Guidelines and international research requirements.
5. Highly efficient computer skills, extensive experience with the Microsoft Office suite, iDataFax, Interactive Voice/Web Randomization Systems, and FrameMaker software.
6. Broad knowledge of research methodology, clinical trials and drug development processes.
7. Highly developed communication skills including the ability to problem solve and think critically
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at (phone hidden), Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The Opportunity Job Posting Number: 2020-166 Position: System Controller Location: Hamilton (John) Reports to: Supervisor, System Control Business Unit: Network Operations Divi [...]
Kelly Services is looking for team players with excellent manual dexterity and a high attention for quality, to come join our team of Candy Packagers in Hamilton Ontario. What You’ll Be Doing: • [...]
The Clerk 1 will work in any number of positions including, but not limited to, chart assembly, chart preparation, records reconciliation, chart/clinic retrievals, clinic cart builds, sorting/filing o [...]
CAREER DESCRIPTION We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual [...]