Tk’emlúps te Secwepemc
Indigenous Monitor Employment Opportunity
Trans Mountain Expansion Project
POSITION TITLE: Indigenous Monitors (2 positions)
DEPARTMENT: Natural Resources
SUPERVISOR: Natural Resources Manager
TERMS: Full Time Term to 2022
REFERENCE #: 2020 -076
Opportunity to work on the Trans Mountain Expansion Project as an Indigenous Monitor.
If you are interested in being a Monitor or in being mentored into the position, you are encouraged
Inquire about mentorship and training programs today!
The Trans Mountain Expansion Project (TMEP), through its project management contractor Stantec, is
seeking candidates for Indigenous Monitors to participate in on-going construction monitoring as part of
daily environmental inspection activities. The position is field based throughout the duration of Trans
Mountain Expansion Project construction within the Reactivation 2 (Darfield to Black Pines) and Spread 5
region (Kamloops/Merritt/Fraser Valley areas).
The Indigenous Monitor position is part of the Trans Mountain construction Environmental Inspection
team during construction. Duties include:
- Working with the Environmental Inspectors to monitor the implementation of approved
environmental protection measures by construction contractors.
- Focusing particularly on traditional land use and cultural/heritage protection measures while
- Reviewing Project environmental reference documents (support to be provided) on regular basis
to understand upcoming areas of construction and required environmental protection measures.
- Providing feedback to the Environmental Inspectors about whether protection measures are
- Attending daily morning meetings.
- Submitting daily reports at the end of each shift.
- Participating in reporting back to the Band on the Indigenous Monitor work
Experience and knowledge required*
- Knowledge of traditional land and resource use and/or cultural/heritage interests
- Knowledge of basic pipeline right-of-way or utilities construction
- Experience in or applied knowledge of environmental field work (e.g., wildlife, aquatics, plants,
- Ability to take notes and prepare a daily report
- High school completion or equivalent
- TMEP may offer paid training programs if you are interested in applying but may not have all experience
required. Please inquire about available training programs and mentorship opportunities.
- Completion of a pre-access drug and alcohol test
- Willing to follow all Project policies and health and safety requirements
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Be a member of Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc
Why should you apply:
✓ Competitive salary
✓ Comprehensive Benefits Package
✓ Flexible shifts available
✓ Training opportunities
✓ Gain work experience related to environmental inspection on construction of large scale pipeline
✓ Represent and support Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc interests on the Project
✓ Transportation, accommodation and meals will be covered (based on expense allowances)
Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will
In accordance with Section 16(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act and pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human
Rights code, it is TteS Policy to practice preferential hiring for Aboriginal peoples. Candidates who wish to qualify for
preferential consideration must self-identify.
Deadline for the Job posting is November 23, 2020 by 2:00 pm
Submit Job Application Form, cover letter, resume, and references
online: https://tkemlups.ca/job-application-form/, by fax: (phone hidden),
or in person, at our Human Resources office #200 – 330 Chief Alex Thomas Way.
Office Hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. &
closed for lunch from 12:00pm to 1:00pm
We require each applicant to fill out
an online application form which can be found at: https://tkemlups.ca/job-application-form/
Any late submissions or submissions without the job application form will not be considered.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job title :MEDICAL DEVICE REPROCESSING TECHNICIAN Community :WILLIAMS LAKE Facility :CARIBOO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME Position Summary Interior Health invites applicatio [...]
Company Overview Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think ''TD'' if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North Americ [...]
Job title :OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST Community :MERRITT Facility :MERRITT S CENT HEALTH CTR Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.90 FTE) Position Summary Interior Health has a permanent, part-time op [...]
Strategic Human Resources Consultant Management Band 2 This position is excluded from union membership This is a full time temporary opportunity until May 31, 2021. A permanent appointment may resu [...]