St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton
The Anaesthesia Assistants are specially trained professionals that participate and execute in the care of the surgical patient during general, regional, or conscious sedation through medical directives under the supervision of the anesthesiologist.
The Anaesthesia Assistants obtain pre-anesthetic health history, perform preoperative physical exams, establish non-invasive and invasive monitors, administer medications, evaluate and treat life-threatening situations.
- Community College – 3 year diploma in Respiratory Therapy
- Advanced Anaesthesia Assistant Diploma from a recognized community college
- Regulated Health Professional with College of Respiratory Therapists
- Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support required
- 1 to 3 years’ experience which could include the practicum for Anaesthesia Assistant program
- Demonstrated knowledge, sensitivity and expertise in the care of seniors and their families
- Gentle Persuasive Approach training, preferred
- Must be a graduate of a recognized college of Respiratory Therapists and registered with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (CRTO)
- Skills & knowledge to include ventilator management, airway management, arterial blood gas procurement, perform diagnostic testing, perform and provide therapeutic management
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Work effectively and collaboratively with the inter-professional health care team
- Administers prescribed pharmacologic drugs, maintains and adjusts appropriate anesthetic depth, manages additional treatment and delivers continuous anesthesia care and monitoring into and during the postoperative recovery phase to patients through medical directives or under the supervision of the Anaesthetist.
- Performs airway management, including insertion of laryngeal masks, intubation.
- Assists with difficult airway management.
- Assists in the preparation of the patient for surgery; perform pre-operative assessments.
- Insertion of I.V., arterial lines, nasogastric tubes.
- Assist with insertion of indwelling catheters, central line.
- Establish non-invasive and invasive routine monitoring methods
- Assist and monitor regional anesthesia to include, but not limited to, spinal, epidural, IV regional, and other special blocks.
- Evaluate life-threatening situations, such as cardiac arrest, and assist with protocols established within BLS, ACLS.
- Assist with the transfer of ventilated and/or anesthetized patients between areas of the hospital as required.
- Monitors patient progress in the PACU.
- Responds to cardiac arrests in OR, PACU, or other locations according to hospital procedures and policies.
- Set up, test, calibrate, troubleshoot anaesthesia equipment: Anaesthetic gas machines, intubation equipment, bronchoscopes, monitoring equipment and infusion devices and other as required
- Provides ventilation monitoring in Post Anaesthetic Room
- Provides clinical teaching, mentoring and supervision of student Respiratory Therapists & other health care professionals.
- Provides education and training to patients, families, health care professionals
- Completes documentation as per clinical standards in anaesthetic record and other records as required.
- Maintains workload statistics for MIS.
- Communicates with the interdisciplinary team & completes Transfer of Accountability with the team.
- Updates anesthesia monitoring records and reports patient status to the anesthesiologist as requested.
HOURS OF WORK:
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are a constantly expanding company and currently looking for over night drivers in several areas. Toronto/Durham/Hamilton/Guelph areas. We work with Auto Clubs and Hundreds of Retail Customers. If [...]
Brand new, bright, clean, modern, state-of-the-art 2300 square feet office fully equipped with brand new chairs, x-rays, pan, sterilization center looking to hire an Oral Surgeon and Endodontist. Prac [...]
Job Description:Ackroo is seeking a highly-motivated Business Development Manager for a permanent full-time position at our Hamilton office. Reporting to a Sales Director, the Business Development Man [...]
Count On Us is a 3rd party delivery service that solely delivers prescriptions. We have recently expended our operations into the Hamilton market. We have a number of pharmacies we currently are in pa [...]