Requisition ID: 117602
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Discount Operations
Travel Requirements: 50%+
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Manitoba (CA-MB)
Location: Winnipeg Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton’s Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys’ purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! Our Discount Operations team is growing and we currently have a full-time opportunity for a Category Specialist, Fresh based out of our office in Winnipeg, MB.
Provide training and on-going coaching for department-specific merchandising programs and task skills. Assist in the development of training programs that support implementation of commercial programs. Actively contribute to a positive and productive working environment.
- Participate in development programs and provide feedback for alternatives and creative solutions
- Support department development and performance through targeted training, coaching and follow-up
- Make all preparations for training programs, classes and attend, train and evaluate training programs
- Perform quality and adherence checks during store visits and check merchandising plans and requirements
- Follow-up on course requirements and use pre-determined metrics to measure level of implementation and financial results of programs
- Suggest continuous improvement ideas to merchandising from follow-up
- Conduct needs assessment on non-compliance and participate in training required at new stores/renos
- Update department training manuals as required to reflect current programs and standards
- Identify, assess training gaps and ensure all applicable company policies and procedures are communicated and adhered to
- Responsible for ensuring that OH&S;, Food Safety, and other regulatory requirements and procedures, are implemented and maintained
- React to areas where there are problems with program implementation
- Provide ‘as needed’ one-on-one coaching and development for service managers when requested
- Support continuous development of department employees during training and store visits
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment as per company requirements
Ability to work independently, communicate effectively, work under pressure, and prioritize tasks effectively to meet deadlines
Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with demonstrated flexibility and adaptability
Demonstrated problem solving, decision making, and negotiating skills
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to be a team player
Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
Proven time management skills
Ability to negotiate and secure contracts
An Undergraduate Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Working knowledge of SAP, proficient use of Microsoft Office suite
Working knowledge of store operations (business acumen)
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you’re the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
Ongoing Training & Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
What is the opportunity? You are a banking advisor, RBC ambassador and an exceptional customer service representative. You champion the RBC brand and provide support to our clients as they will inter [...]
Job Overview Reporting to the Production Manager, you are responsible for analyzing costs and preparing estimates to facilitate the construction of new homes. You provide knowledge of costs and be [...]
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate Will train or equivalent experience Weight Handling Up to 23 kg (50 lbs) Security and Safety Airport security clearance Driver's v [...]
Overview What’s the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest p [...]