Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
Division: Global News Radio 770 CHQR
Work Status: Part time/casual
About the Role
Global News Radio – 770 CHQR has an exciting opportunity for a Part Time Technical Producer. Reporting to the executive producer of talk radio, the successful candidate will be responsible for the operation of 770 CHQR programming,
and include the production of live and recorded daily talk shows and features, paid programming, podcasting and some audio production.
- Operate the master control board, Media Touch and Burli during live, local talk shows, including controlling mic levels, phone calls, imaging elements, commercials, and all other audio sources during the course of a show
- Knowledge of Mediatouch, and the ability to set up a studio and prepare log for broadcast
- Collaborate with show producer and host for content
- Collaborate with other producers on story development and dialogue
- Collaborate with the Newsroom on breaking news execution
- Edit and upload show audio, features and other programming as needed
- Assist the Production Department with features and production elements
What We Need From You:
- To be a friendly, positive, team player with acute attention to detail
- A working understanding of Mediatouch and Burli is helpful, as well as technical/computer skills
- Intermediate to advanced digital audio editing skills
- The ability to multitask, communicate, stay calm and trouble shoot in high pressure & evolving situations
- The ability to anticipate and quickly react to an on air situation
- A creative thinker who enhances on air programming with appropriate music and sound effects in a timely manner
- Friendly positive attitude
- Adept Computer skills
- Familiarity with the news talk radio format and a desire to work in the radio broadcasting industry
- Intermediate math skills
- A flexible schedule
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Your Opportunity:Description: The Unit Manager of Unit 47, the Intensive Palliative Care Unit (IPCU) will provide leadership to this unique 29 bed acute care unit that manages the complex symptoms o [...]
Your Opportunity: Under supervision of the Working Leader and/or Manager, this position provides a clean and safe environment for staff, patients and visitors. The position performs routine and heavy [...]
Your Opportunity: This is a medical teaching Unit with 38 beds whose focus is on care & coordination for acute medical patients and their multi-system complexities. We work in a dynamic work and team [...]
Is this job for you? Do you believe in putting the customer first? Are you tired of paying for a gym membership you never use? Do you love a physical job that will keep you busy? WELCOME HOME [...]