Canada Life Assurance Company
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
Technology redefines the way we work and deliver to meet business needs and elevate the customer experience. You’ll be part of an organization that is embracing modern technology, innovation and agile ways of working.
Our Canada Technology team is a strategic partner in our business – with an ambition to be a forward-thinking, agile technology organization delivering secure, resilient and leading solutions that support Canada Life and the well-being of millions of Canadians.
We are looking for a Vice President, Technology leads the technology function for the Individual Customer and Advisor Network business groups. Reporting directly to the EVP and Chief Information Officer (CIO) Canada, you are responsible for setting the technology strategy and culture for the Individual Customer and Advisory Network business units through the development and delivery of technology solutions. As a strategic partner, you are accountable for developing an integrated view on how technology platforms can best deliver high quality service for customers and advisors. You will act as the single point of entry for all technology supporting the business unit. In this role, you are responsible for all aspects of technology planning, delivery, operations, innovation, and risk.
What you will do
- Act as a strategic advisor (problem solving, mentoring, and collaboration) to the Business Heads
in the development of their IT strategy.
- Maintain pulse on emerging technologies, service provider options and competitor intelligence
- Develops long-range plans & be accountable for the effective application of technology to
support business strategy achievement
- In collaboration to/from our Digital group, deliver on digital customer and advisor experiences. Champion the company’s use of technology, digital, and data assets for competitive advantage.
Provide support and ideas to the Business Leaders on how to accomplish this.
- Drive a significant system modernization program to enable our digital and automation
roadmaps, migrating legacy back office systems to target platforms
- Leads the strategic long term and daily operations of technology ensuring the efficient and
effective use of financial and people resources
- Accountable to proactively work with internal clients and external customers to understand their
needs and work to deliver creative solutions
- Responsible for working with technology leaders to influence the evolution of practices,
processes, methods, methodologies and standards so these are customer oriented rather than
- Accountable to design, buy or alter technology solutions and processes that help create a clear
competitive advantage to the business unit or the support the organization more broadly
- Drive a high-performance culture for employees that focuses on consistently delivering customer
value, and influence this culture within technology
- Coordinate efforts with Canada CIO, other Business Units and Global Lifeco entities to leverage
and embed organizational technology strengths into the Business Unit technology strategy
- Manage risk and compliance in accordance with Canadian or Global standards
What you will bring
- 10+ years’ experience as a technology leader and with either a business unit or a technology role
- Experience in financial services, and preferably in insurance working in a regulated environment
- Experience building and working in matrix and complex organizations. Demonstrated ability to
influence teams where resources do not all report directly into the function.
- Skilled leader with exceptional communication abilities, collaboration and relationship building skills
establishing credibility and fostering cross-functional relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills needed to effectively build
relationships and communicate with Executives, internals stakeholders, and customers.
- Expert level of customer centric outward thinking skills, and continuous improvement mindset
- Transformational leader with experience in driving significant change and modernization agenda
- Proven Strategic thinking skills, with a long-term outlook and the ability to drive results to improve
business unit performance and create a culture of accountability
- Have a strong appreciation for the complex and ever-changing regulatory environment and the need
to be ahead of regulations
- Ability to attract, motivate and develop talent to build the right team to meet strategic direction and
- Expert level of technology, systems expertise, and project management experience
- Ability to use knowledge of industry, business and systems to solve business problems and maximize
- Operational risk expertise related to working in complex shared environments
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Bachelor of Business Administration or related field(s)
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About Us Alida believes in a world where customers are the ultimate source of truth. A world where the best business decisions are those made with customers, not for them. That's why Alida created [...]
ADT by TELUS is part of the TELUS family, a world-leading communications and information technology company based in Vancouver with $14.6 billion in annual revenue and 14.2 million customer connection [...]
Go-to-market & Product Sales Lead, Commercial Payments We are a growing, innovative organization looking for a self-motivated individual with strategic client management and business development e [...]
The Credit Solutions group manages lending/credit for a wide range of credit relationships. Leads the due diligence process and deal structuring process. Partners with the Relationship Management Team [...]