St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton
Within the context of the vision, values and strategic operations of the organization, and under technical and administrative direction, performs professional work in the analytical, compliance and operational functions of the centralized Procurement activities of the hospital.
Facilitates processes that enable the clinical care providers to have the appropriate supplies and equipment to support their clinical practices and provide safe, efficient cost-effective patient care.
- 3 year community college diploma in Business, Commerce
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Commerce, Supply Chain Management, preferred
- Successful or demonstrated progress towards:
Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO), Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCMP)
- Ontario Public Buyers Association (OPBA), The Institute for Public Procurement (NIGP), Supply Chain Management Association Ontario (SCMAO) preferred
- 3 to 5 years of demonstrated progressive experience in a purchasing environment, preferably public procurement
- Experience in healthcare related project planning is a definite asset
- Skill in researching and preparing competitive contract documents (Request for Proposals, Request for Tenders, Request for Quotations, Request for Information, Expression of Interests and Prequalification of Vendors)
- Ability to exercise reasonable initiative and independent judgment in achieving objectives, planning work details and making technical decisions
- Must work collaboratively with all cooperative purchasing initiatives
- Thorough knowledge of personal computers and common office software and productivity tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Manages the development, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of process improvement initiatives which are in alignment with established SJHH standards
- Monitors process improvement outcomes on a regular basis; develops action plans to address identified issues
- Coaches staff to ensure that purchasing process and policies are adhered to
- Assists in the development of analytical tools to evaluate the Procurement function as well as the constant monitoring of compliance as required
- Represents the unit/department internally on SJHH committees, as required, and SJHH in the external community at conferences, workshops, etc.
- Provides clients with advice and guidance in the preparation of specifications and evaluation criteria. Addresses and manages procurement issues as they arise
- Provides input and implements procurement policy and procedures and monitors adherence of these procedures throughout the organization
- Reports on market conditions, e.g. costs of supplies, delivery times, new suppliers, substitutions in products, recalls etc.
- Maintains confidentiality with respect to release of information in accordance with hospital policies and Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act at all times
- Drafts bid documents, bid forms, contract agreements, terms and conditions and award strategy
- Provides leadership through delivery of contract management and purchasing services to SJHH departments; providing advice to clients, suppliers, manufactures and contractors concerning procurement and supply issues; ensuring all procurement activities result in cost effective, quality products and services
- Develops procurement strategies for products and services, through consultation with end users to achieve project objectives and support a multi-branch organization
- Provides expertise on procurement options for clinical supplies, services and equipment e.g. when to initiate Requests for Proposals (RFPs) vs. issuing tenders
- Ensures that the procurement of products and services comply with trade agreements, treaties and supporting policies, protocols and standard operating procedures to achieve the goals of fair, open and transparent procurement opportunities
- Identifies and drives cost saving opportunities and measures performance. Ensures successful procurement of goods and services through effective sourcing agreements in terms of quality, delivery, cost and warranty
- Provides regular progress status reports of all procurement activities and performance to objectives
- Identifies opportunities for improvement through research on best practices in Procurement and how they might be adopted within SJHH
- Maintains a professional relationship with vendors and their representatives, hospital employees and outside agents
HOURS OF WORK
Monday to Friday, days
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Social Worker MSW Job Number: 84862 Job: Health Professional/Assistant Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital Organization: REHAB Status: [...]
Business Clerk Job Number: 84613 Job: Administrative/Service Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital Organization: MEDICINE GENERAL Status: [...]
Psychometrist Job Number: 84866 Job: Health Professional/Assistant Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital Organization: REHAB Status: Regu [...]
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the worl [...]