Sienna Senior Living
If you’re passionate about being a part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Laundry Aide is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Laundry Aide your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Providing clothing and linen support services by ensuring collection, distribution, processing and inventory of linens and personal clothing.
- Sorting linens, loading and unloading washers and dryers, ironing and mending as required.
sorting and loading linen and clothing onto carts for distribution and delivery and auditing linen for labels and repairs.
- Discarding and recording inappropriate inventory when necessary.
- Maintaining high sanitation standards, a clean and tidy work area and equipment applying appropriate infection control protocols as required, follows cleaning schedules and routines for the department and ensures the proper care and economical use of resources.
- Observing operation of machines and reporting malfunctioning to team leader.
- Assisting in maintaining laundry facilities, equipment and supplies.
- Completing cleaning duties as outlined in the laundry room area.
- Maintaining a clean, safe environment for residents utilizing infection control principles.
- Supporting and participating in quality initiatives by providing input and suggestions for improvement, reporting feedback to immediate team leader.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Secondary school graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge related to infection control, cleaning practices, housekeeping operations and equipment.
- Ability to work independently or as a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and residents.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Bonus points for having:
- Previous experience in Institutional Cleaning/Laundry in Long Term Care or Retirement Residence is desirable.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Immediate Hiring! Are you looking for a Forklift position with a growing logistics company? Are you interested in starting to work immediately in the Brampton-Woodbridge area? If yes, this is a gre [...]
Future You wants to know - what is life at UPS really like? You’ll see that it’s about opportunity, teamwork, a supportive culture and benefits that help you become everything you’re envisioning [...]
Want to make extra money for the upcoming holiday season? Look to work for a large distribution centre of a well-known retailing company in Mississauga or Brampton? Jobs Available: Warehouse Associ [...]
Dear Jobseekers, Are you a forklift operator ready to take on a new career challenge? Are you interested in starting to work immediately in the Brampton-Woodbridge area? Well here is your chance to [...]