Canadian National Railway
The Installations Manager, Signals and Communications (S&C;) is responsible for safeguarding the integrity of the signal system by ensuring policies, standards and safe practices are understood and implemented. The incumbent ensures awareness and knowledge of safe signalling methodologies. The role is accountable for performing field auditing to ensure compliance with established S&C; safety and regulatory standards and support different railway signalling governmental initiative.
- Allocate budgets and planning for Centralized Traffic Control (CTC), Wayside Inspection System (WIS), XNG, radio, and S&C; plant renewal
- Develop safety assurance standards and templates for the installation, maintenance, and validation of signal operations
- Manage and provide technical support
- Provide mentoring on the key principles of safe signaling practices
- Manage unionized and management employees
The role has standard working conditions partially in an office environment and mainly performed outdoors in various types of weather and environmental conditions. The role requires being available on-call 24/7 to respond to critical incidences. Due to the nature of the role, the incumbent must be able to meet tight deadlines, handle pressure and manage stress. The role requires regular travel (50%).
Signals and Communications
- Between 5 to 7 years of experience on a railroad or between 7 to 10 years in the field or industrial environment
o Experience managing employees
o Railway signalling experience
o Experience in a safety critical environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering*
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Any designation for these above would be considered as an asset
- Follows safety procedures, information security instructions and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) principles to lead by example
- Identifies risks and anticipates impacts to ensure a safe and secure environment
- Shares timely information within and across functions to get things done effectively
- Shows initiative and empowers others to raise CN’s collective game
- Inspires others with impactful communications and adapts to the audience
- Makes informed and timely decisions to get things done
- Tracks metrics to achieve ambitious targets and holds self and others accountable to meet performance expectations
- Applies analytical thinking to make recommendations that pursue sustainable performance
- Deals with pressure and change by staying calm to quickly adapt to changes
- Ability to manage large groups in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of Systems, Applications and Products (SAP)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
CN is a world-class transportation leader and trade-enabler. Essential to the economy, to the customers, and to the communities it serves, CN safely transports more than 300 million tons of natural resources, manufactured products, and finished goods throughout North America every year. As the only railroad connecting Canada’s Eastern and Western coasts with the Southern tip of the U.S. through a 19,500 mile rail network, CN and its affiliates have been contributing to community prosperity and sustainable trade since 1919. CN is committed to programs supporting social responsibility and environmental stewardship. At CN, we work as ONE TEAM, focused on safety, sustainability and our customers, providing operational and supply chain excellence to deliver results.
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Pentagon Landscaping is currently looking to fill the position of Loader Operator for this winter season. Looking for an individual with: -5 or more years experience operating a loader -can work ni [...]
Park Landscaping is looking for seasonal loader operators and skid steer operators to join its snow removal team. Core Capabilities: – Customer and quality focus · – Safety must be a ma [...]
Requisition ID: 245463 Store #: 000913 LensCrafters Position:Casual Part-Time At LensCrafters, we love eyes and we care about the people behind them. LensCrafters is the largest optical r [...]
Your Opportunity: Addictions and Mental Health Access 24/7 is an exciting new opportunity to offer a centralized and integrated intake using a “front door” location at Anderson Hall. Reporting to [...]