David Aplin Group
David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit for a Driver - Shipping and Receiving, based in Linden, Alberta.
Reporting to the Lead, Shipping & Receiving, participate in the efficient and effective operations of the Production Facility by working in Shipping & Receiving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify different types of materials (e.g., steel) and maintain traceability documentation.
- Work with the Shipper / Receiver to package materials and prepare loads for delivery.
- Conduct general yard clean-up.
- Conduct appropriate pre-trip inspections on company trucks and ensure the vehicle is equipped with the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety vests, safety glasses, and hard hats.
- Comply with Alberta Traffic Safety Act Commercial Vehicle Safety Regulation.
- Maintain Driver Log Books and comply with Hours of Service Regulation.
- When required, deliver products to a customer using the company truck ensuring proper documentation is completed and appropriate parts are delivered.
- When required, pick up product/materials from the supplier/distribution center ensuring proper documentation is completed and appropriate parts/materials are picked up.
- On a job by job basis / throughout the day, properly enter the correct job data into the E2 software system using the job traveler to obtain the correct job information; accurately enter data (e.g., job #, step #).
- Maintain an above average clean and tidy work area including the Shop lunch area, emptying dumpsters, sweeping floors, and cleaning up garbage in the yard.
- Follow all required Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures including WHMIS procedures and the wearing of appropriate personal protective equipment (e.g., safety glasses, steel-toed boots).
- Adhere to quality procedures and work instructions, and actively participate in the quality improvement process.
- Relate to and communicate with co-workers, management, customers, and suppliers sincerely, clearly, tactfully, promptly, and courteously; respond to inquiries and complaints promptly and professionally.
- Perform tasks, consistent with the position, as may be required on an ad hoc basis.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Dependability and reliability; demonstration of regular and punctual attendance
- Interaction with Shipping & Receiving, Production, QC, Vendors, Customers
- Have a good understanding ofa documented system, and knowledge of the ISO 9001 Quality System
- Is highly safety conscious, and wear appropriate PPE such as steel-toed shoes and safety glasses in designated areas
- OHSA Act Section 3 (2) Every worker shall, while engaged in an occupation, take reasonable care to protect the health and safety of the worker and of other workers present while the worker is working, and co-operate with the worker's employer for the purposes of protecting the health and safety of the worker, other workers engaged in the work of the employer, and other workers not engaged in the work of that employer but present at the worksite at which that work is being carried out.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of e2 software would be an asset
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player with a high level of initiative and integrity
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Some work experience in a manufacturing / industrial setting would be an asset
- Operation of a forklift would be an asset
- Cleaning driving record
- Physical strength and stamina
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Communicates effectively in English (verbal and written)
- Moderate computer skills
- Valid class 5 Alberta driver's license
- Indoor and outdoor industrial work setting with moderate noise levels
- Overtime may be required
- Must be able to perform repetitive lifting and bending
- Possess the ability to sit and stand, including frequent walking, bending and twisting at the waist and knees, squatting or kneeling
- Routinely heavy lifting required
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Greg Todesco, Senior Consultant, Aplin Engineering & Technical. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly 4 decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com. #LI-DNP #IND-DNP
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Requisition ID: 131245 Position Number: 20037606 Posting End Date: Open Unitl Filled City: Winnipeg Site: Health Sciences Centre Department / Unit: Pathology Job Stream: Clinical Support Union: [...]
Requisition ID: 173001 Position Number: 20032961 Posting End Date: December 4, 2020 City: Winnipeg Site: WRHA Community Health Services Work Location: WRHA Community Health Services Department / [...]
Win-Mar Freight Group of Companies is a Dynamic Transportation company providing professional transport services across North America. We are located in Winnipeg, MB. We are currently looking for a Fu [...]
Requisition ID: 171461 Position Number: 20031942 Posting End Date: December 4, 2020 City: Winnipeg Site: Health Sciences Centre Department / Unit: Medicine-High Observation Unit Job Stream: Clin [...]