A BIT ABOUT US
GBatteries was founded six years ago to tackle one of the world'™s most pressing issues: the transition to a cleaner future through electrification. We are pioneering battery technology which enables ultra-fast charging of Li-ion batteries without compromising battery life '” and without changing the battery's chemistry or manufacturing process.'‹ Ultimately, our mission is to accelerate the mass adoption of electric vehicles.
We are working on some of the biggest challenges in energy storage, and are looking for the right people to join us as we develop our technology and continue to scale.
THE OPPORTUNITY AND THE ROLE
As a Software Developer on our Development team,
you'll help us build out the core web applications and tools that will serve to enable our research and development teams to effectively test and analyze state-of-the-art batteries. In our small but growing engineering organization, you'll not only be developing and shipping new features but also designing core aspects of GBatteries' testing and data analysis product.
You'll work collaboratively with our Data Science team to deploy machine learning models into a production environment, and with our Firmware team to collect and warehouse high speed data from embedded devices. You'll become familiar with all parts of our stack, and be responsible for projects covering all aspects of the software development life cycle. You will exercise judgment in making trade-offs between design and feasibility. As a developer on our close-knit, cross-functional team, you'll be an active voice in shaping our products.
You'll join a small but growing software team where everyone'”including you'”is striving to constantly improve their knowledge of infrastructure, systems, and cares about creating dependable products. While we are still growing and have plenty to do, we are incredibility supportive of each other and pitch in to support our peers when problems arise.
THE ENGINEERING CULTURE
- Autonomy: There's no red tape on what technology frameworks you can use, or what language you should be coding in. We believe in using the best tool(s) for the job, and learning any new ones along the way.
- Scope: You won't be adding small features to a monolithic codebase; you will be building entire products from start to finish. Your team members will recognize you for the products you build and the impact these products have on their workflow. You will have the opportunity to identify the business needs for a particular product, work through the development life cycle, and interact with your customers directly.
- Interesting Problems: Much of what we do is in uncharted territories. As a result, we are often posed with interesting and challenging engineering problems, which will encourage you to prototype, iterate, and innovate. It's part of the company culture to encourage crazy ideas, and celebrate failures as learning opportunities. Many of the design problems you will encounter won't have answers on Google or Stack Overflow, they will encourage you to come up with unique approaches and strengthen your design thinking.
- Growth: Working at a start-up is a great way to supercharge your skillset, and accelerate your learning. You will be put in a fast-paced environment where you're always working at the bleeding edge of technology. Not only will you become a better developer, you will also be given the opportunity to grow within the company as we scale.
THE TECH STACK
- Web Development: React.js, Django REST Framework, PostgreSQL
- Data Warehousing: Elasticsearch, TimescaleDB
- DevOps: Docker, Azure, Terraform, Chef Infra
THE SKILL SET
- Industry experience in an equivalent role
- Strong proficiency in Python
- Experience with a Python web server framework or library (Flask, Django, or similar)
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL...
- Work with the team to implement key features in our in-house testing platform, which is built with Python and React.js
- Become familiar with our vertically integrated technology stack and get a high-level understanding of the projects the team is working on and how they fit in with the company's goals
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Work on your own project, which will be a full stack web application design to help manage the company's battery testing facility, and streamline R&D; activities
- Provide an initial release of your project, interact with the customer directly to receive feedback, and identify the next key features
- Learn the deployment process and develop a release pipeline for your project
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Be the 'œgo-to' expert on your project and lead further development on your project
- Become the lead of new projects on the SW team, identify the resources we need to accomplish the projects and the strategy we'll use for implementation
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Be a team lead
- Work with the Research and Data Science teams to understand their requirements and come up with the tools that are needed to address them
- Identify new projects, work at a systems level to ensure that various projects fit together, provide requirements to the individual project leads
WHAT WE OFFER
We are working on many exciting projects towards our ultimate goal of breaking down the final barrier preventing the adoption of electric vehicles; range anxiety. We're a growing company working with some of the largest manufacturers in the world, and there's still a huge amount to do. You'll be able to see the impact of your work from day one, and have the opportunity to see the final effect on real world products. We encourage unconventional thinking, and seek resilient problem solvers who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty.
Of course, we also offer other great benefits:
'‹Inclusive parking, full dental and health coverage, a renovated and spacious office, fridge and pantry filled with drinks and snacks, and regular weekly social events. We're conveniently located near the 417 highway with easy access via major public transit routes, right beside a small park and an assortment of shops and restaurants.
During the pandemic, we are operating remote-by-default.
HOW TO APPLY
Is the idea of enabling the global mass adoption of electric vehicles exciting to you? We'd love to hear from you! To apply please include a short message addressed to Henry Rearden within the application below; no cover letter necessary. If you have any questions, or just want to say hello, feel free to reach out to Tim Sherstyuk on LinkedIn.
We particularly value diversity, and we know that experience comes in many forms. If your unique experience is close to what we're looking for, please still consider applying.
Powered by JazzHR
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Scope of Position The role of the Senior Project Manager is to initiate, plan, execute, deliver, monitor/Control, and close projects according to determined deadlines to accepted quality levels and w [...]
Job Type: Permanent Primary Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations: Calgary; Montreal; Ottawa; Vancouver Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever tho [...]
Specific Job Description As our Junior Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for working with our internal business customers to solve both simple and complex system issues. You will also assist w [...]
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we've made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, [...]