Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition and Development
Senior Director, Human Resources
Full-time, Contract – 2 Years
The Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition and Development supports GS1 Canada’s ability to meet the future by creating high impact talent acquisition, retention and development programs aligned to the GS1 Canada strategy. This includes the employer branding, recruitment, assessment, and capability development programs for employees. The Manager,
Talent Acquisition and Development works closely with the HR Business Partners and other members of the HR team to deliver programming and promote a HR culture of partnership, integrity and continuous innovation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the Talent Acquisition strategy and entire recruitment and selection process, focused on finding the right talent at the right time for the business.
- Ensure a candidate and hiring manager experience aligned to the GS1 Canada values.
- Provide talent and development program and recruitment metrics and reporting for the Senior Leadership team and the Board, focusing on meaningful data and analytics.
- Develops and implements processes and programs designed to maximize employee productivity, performance, and engagement or close skill or knowledge gaps.
- Responsible for developing and integrating competency-based approach to talent development and acquisition programs.
- Oversees a best-in-class end to end recruiting process, including the design of a robust talent acquisition strategy, sourcing, interviewing, assessments, reference and background checks, and successful onboarding.
- Develops competency-based management/leadership development programs
- Analyzes results of assessments, focus groups, or employee interviews and develops and delivers interventions or training programs designed to address areas to be improved.
- Perform ongoing assessments of skill levels to develop training programs, curriculums and acquisition strategies that address current and future needs.
- Train and coach managers, supervisors and others involved in employee development efforts.
- Plan, organize, facilitate and conduct seminars/trainings for employee development, including online and in person programming
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
- Completion of post secondary education (College or University) specializing in Human Resource Management or Business Administration with a Human Resources concentration.
- Attained CHRP designation or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 5-8 years experience in Learning and Development and Recruitment experience in a customer focused environment.
- Success designing and implementing HR programing aligned to business strategy
- Strong technical expertise, including financial, analytical and problem-solving capability and a track record of identifying opportunities/issues and designing and implementing solutions that work.
- Demonstrated agility to succeed in a high change, fast paced environment, juggling multiple time sensitive priorities
- Hands on experience using and optimizing Applicant Tracking and Learning Management systems
- Bilingualism (French & English) an asset.
- Certification in Hogan, Korn Ferry 360, SDI or other assessment tools a definite advantage.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, and Visio.
- Experience developing and leading learning curriculum both online and in person.
- Proven ability to take initiative with little to no supervision.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships at all levels within an organization.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on quality service and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to GS1 Canada’s Core Values.
GS1 Canada is an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise our Human Resources team if you require accommodation due to a disability during the interview and assessment process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition The opportunity At Ontario Teachers' we believe that who we hire is one of the most important decisions we make as leaders. As the Senior Manager, Talent Acquisit [...]
Requisition ID: 90429 Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. As a member of the Operational Effectiveness & Controls team, you will contribute to the gover [...]
Job Type: Permanent Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations: Calgary; Toronto Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University. Have many careers in one [...]
Requisition ID: 87705 Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose: The Audit Department is the 3rd Line of Defense and plays a key role in the interna [...]