At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Principal Analytics Solutions Developer
Job location: Toronto, Canada
About the team
The Analytics team focuses on exploring and refining analytical methodologies, measurements and new features for our existing products. The Analytics team has a passion for solving complex business problems and building configurable applications/solutions
What you will do
- You will be working closely with Analytics, Product Management, Platform Engineering and other areas of the business to productize Analytics solutions.
- You will be building scalable applications on top of Kinaxis’s Analytics and Data platform
What we are looking for
- All aspects of the software development life cycle are familiar to you
- You often write documentation that describes in detail how your project / library / tool operates
- You write clean, maintainable and testable code using up-to-date industry standards
- You plan and write unit, integration and end to end tests for your projects and use code coverage
- You automate your delivery workflow by utilizing linting, automated testing, continuous integration and delivery workflows
- You use conventional release and deployment workflows and policies
- You are a confident git/SCM user
- You are passionate about shipping large-scale software systems in a fast-paced environment but are able to balance longer term issues such as maintainability, scalability and quality.
- You treat data as a first class citizen whether that the data comes from a data warehouse, object storage or output of a model. You’re fluent in Python and SQL and have hands-on experience with big data technologies such as Spark and Hadoop.
- You are a team player, a quick starter and an implementer who is equally comfortable talking requirements with technical product managers or getting in the zone pair programming with Analytics Developers. Your primary focus is on shipping Analytics software systems that drive value by building robust and scalable computational- and data-intensive workflows and web services.
- Requirements Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field. Strong software engineering skills and understanding with a minimum of 5 years in software development. Proficiency in Python. Ability to work in Linux environments with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Argo) and major cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure). Nice to haves: SaaS, multi-tenant and MLaaS development experience (microservice frameworks, queuing systems, event-based processing and web services). Fluent in processing data with pandas and PySpark (e.g. querying, transforming, joining, cleaning, etc.) including experience debugging logic and performance issues. Strong understanding of Analytics methodologies with experience writing, debugging and optimizing Analytics data structures, pipelines and transformations
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Date Posted November 23, 2020 - Department Accounting - Location Toronto ON - Job ID 89637 [...]
Job Number: 867454 Category: Research Positions Available: 1 Years Experience Required: 1 Location: Toronto, Ontario Posted Date: Nov 23, 2020 EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY RESEARCH ANALYST Azrieli C [...]
The Role: Research Assistant, Corporate Ratings - Credit Estimates The Location: The Exchange Tower 130 King Street West, Suite 1100 Toronto, ON M5X1E5 The Team: The Credit Estim [...]
Date Posted November 23, 2020 - Department Accounting - Location Toronto ON - Job ID 89636 [...]