Launched in 1998 with nothing more than a used Caterpillar dozer and an entrepreneurial spirit, Bouchier has grown to be a leading provider of integrated site services to the Athabasca Oil Sands region.
From our head office in Fort McKay, Alberta and administrative office in Fort McMurray, Alberta, the company now employs more than 800 dedicated team members and commands a fleet of over 350 pieces of equipment.
With a strong belief in doing the right things in the right way, Bouchier is now one of the largest companies owned and operated by Indigenous peoples in the area providing contracting, construction, and general site services.
This is a Fulltime position on a 7on / 7 off Rotation – Compressed Work Schedule
Flight, Camp and/ or Bussing available
Flight Hubs: Edmonton or Calgary
Please apply to this posting with your cover letter and resume inclusive of copies of your safety tickets and abstract.
Bouchier is looking for a Sheet Metal Journeyperson who is ambitious, hardworking and eager to learn new skills while supporting the organization. Sheet metal workers are responsible for installing and fabricating metal fittings used in a variety of applications. They have daily duties such as fastening metal seams, welding, bolting, creating supportive frameworks, taking measurements, and maneuvering material around. They install HVAC ducts, repair metal roofing, gutters, and siding. They strive to provide the best client experience in all activities and tasks they undertake.
- Lay out, measure and mark dimensions and reference lines on sheet metal according to drawings or templates
- Use hand and power shears and snips, and light metal-working equipment to cut, drill, punch, bend, and shape sheet metal
- Fasten components together with bolts, screws, rivets, adhesives, or solder, or by welding
- Install and repair sheet metal products and ensure installations conform to specifications and building codes
- Do metal cladding of insulated piping and equipment on industrial sites
- Manufacture and install flashing, coping for roofing applications
- Supply, install, service and repair air handling equipment, furnaces, fans and air terminal devices
- fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products and equipment, such as ducts, control boxes, drainpipes, and furnace casings.
- work may involve any of the following: setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metalshaping metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using hammer.operating soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts; or inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of burred surfaces.install prefabricated sheet metal ducts used for heating, air conditioning, or other purposes.calculating air volumes and capacities to determine proper air flow.
- Provide training, mentorship and support for Apprentices as required
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Alberta-certified journeyperson or a recognized related trade certificate
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience in sheet metal
- Previous experience in oil industry preferred
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- CSTS and OSSA Regional Orientation or OSSA BSO (Basic Safety Orientation before December 31, 2018) or CSO (Common Safety Orientation after January 1, 2019)
- Good eyesight and manual dexterity
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to visualize a finished product from a drawing
- Excellent math skills
- Knowledge of building codes
- Ability to stand for long periods, do some heavy lifting and carrying, and work in high, awkward and noisy places
- Ability to work well with co-workers and deal with customers
- Ability to get along well with others on a work team
- All applicants must have the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English.
The Bouchier Group is pleased to offer competitive wages, a Health and Dental Benefit Package as well as a group Registered Pension Plan.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
As the world’s number one distributor of heating, plumbing, industrial, and waterworks supplies, we know that talented people are essential to maintaining our success in the future. Wolseley Can [...]
Rohit is looking to add a driven individual full-time to join the Calgary team in the Multi Family Project Coordinator position! The ideal candidate will have outstanding organization and communicatio [...]
Company Description Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life [...]
Posting Template Position Title Information Support Assistant - Part Time Sessional Required Qualifications - Minimum 2-year Library Technician Diploma - Minimum 2 years of related library ex [...]