Windsor Regional Hospital
Responsible for provision of direct services to patients and their families, including: consultation, assessment, treatment and evaluation, in a patient/family centered, team based approach to care. The Social Worker complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Standards for the Hospital and is proactive in promoting a safe work environment. The Social Worker is responsible for delivery of care consistent with the vision and values of the Hospital and the standards of relevant professional organizations.
- Masters of Social Work degree ~ required;
- Registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers ~required;
- Minimum of two years demonstrated work experience delivering a full range of high quality social work services to individuals and/or their families across diagnosis, treatment, survivorship and end of life care of a life threatening illness ~ preferred;
- Oncology experience ~ preferred;
- Ability to respond to emotional distress referrals of patients and/or families, sometimes requiring immediate response;
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable community resources for patients and their families;
- Ability to provide effective patient, family and co-worker education;
- Ability to problem solve using critical thinking and analysis
- Ability to work in and contribute to an evolving program requiring flexibility and adaptability;
- Commitment to participation in continuous program improvements to maximize direct patient care in alignment with Cancer Care Ontario’s Provincial Recommendations for delivery of psychosocial oncology care including meeting wait times and delivery of guideline based care;
- High level of judgment, independence and initiative;
- Demonstrated superior level of interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary health care team;
- Commitment to departmental and professional standards and accountability;
Windsor Regional Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, upon request, accommodation will be provided by WRH throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
No degree, certificate or diploma 1 year to less than 2 years Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.) AZ class license Weight Handling Up to 23 kg (50 lbs) [...]
As a provider of essential everyday necessities, our Dollarama stores remain open and continue to recruit new members for our teams to provide a continued service to millions of Canadians during this [...]
No degree, certificate or diploma 1 year to less than 2 years Weight Handling Up to 23 kg (50 lbs) Vehicle and Equipment Experience Industrial lift trucks and fork-lifts Specific S [...]
Future You wants to know – what is life at UPS really like? You’ll see that it’s about opportunity, teamwork, a supportive culture and benefits that help you become everything you’re envisioni [...]