HUMBER RIVER HOSPITAL
Build your career at the hospital that’s building for the future
Right now we are looking for a Social Worker to work with our Bariatrics team .
Location: Wilson Site
Hours of work: Available to work Monday to Friday, days/evenings with flexibility to meet patient needs
Employee Group: OPSEU 590
Hiring Salary Range : $40.23 - $50.09
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Bariatrics
• The Medical Program Social worker is required to be an active member of the Bariatric Programs Patient and Family Advisory Committee
• Responsible for overseeing and developing the program's peer support program
• Facilitate educational and support group classes Provide psychosocial assessment, crisis intervention, discharge planning, and counseling to patients/families.
• Act as liaison, assist patients and staff with community resources and facilitate their effective use.
• Working collaboratively with discharge planning and patient flow across the patient care continuum.
• Act as liaison with other programs, departments and patients to access community resources.
• Works as a member of the health care team.
• Actively participates in discussion and decision making with the appropriate inter-professional team.
• Able to manage a diverse caseload and program assignment as assigned within the program.
• MSW obtained from an accredited School of Social Work required.
• Current membership with OASW and OCCSWSSW, or eligibility to become a member required.
• CBT/ DBT training preferred
• Experience with/ability to lead and facilitate group and information sessions
• Experience with a Patient and Family Advisory Committee/ Peer Support preferred
• Experience in ambulatory care and/or bariatric care preferred
• Experience in the acute and/or sub-acute care, patient navigation is an asset.
• Computer skills required; ability to manage electronic recording, workload and meet submission timelines.
• Possess comprehensive knowledge of community resources and ability to build partnerships
• Strong advocacy skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills to set clinical and non-clinical priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of the healthcare team.
• Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrates Patient, Family Centred care approaches and engages in reflective practice
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) facilitating effective communication with patients, peers, other healthcare team members and volunteers.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct research in order to develop resources/services and improve policies affecting the program.
• Excellent decision making skills.
• Ability to speak a second language an asset.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the needs of a diverse community.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community .
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company description Cavalli Lash create and distributes cosmetic and false eyelashes all throughout the world. We are a upcoming e-com company based out of Toronto Canada. Job description We are lo [...]
With over 800 locations, A&W; is Canadian owned and one of Canada's fastest-growing restaurant chains. A&W; places great importance on creating a supportive and comfortable work environment that value [...]
Halibut House Fish and Chips is built on the foundation of optimizing the guest experience. We understand that it takes three pillars for success; quality food, amazing service, and affordability. We [...]
Job Title: Chemist (entry-level) Entry level candidates will be reviewed after 3 months with potential salary increases based on performance. Responsibilities: - Ability to safely utilize basic [...]