Houle Electric Limited
About Houle Electric:
Houle Electric is BC's most trusted name in electrical contracting. Founded in 1944, Houle prides itself on a tradition of excellence for our industrial, commercial and institutional customers. In addition to electrical contracting, we are renowned for our project management & design skills across all of our divisions including Services, Security, Data Networks, Automated Controls and Electrical Preventative Maintenance. We provide service calls to businesses and home owners, including 24-hour emergency service.
About the position:
Currently, Houle is searching for a dedicated Service Project Manager/Estimator to join our BC Interior Services group in our Kamloops Office. Local applicants preferred.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Branch Manager and will work closely with the field team (superintendent, foremen, and installers) and with the assigned office support (coordinators, designers, and technicians) to achieve project performance, budget and schedule targets.
The Project Manager/Estimator performs a wide range of duties including estimating smaller jobs and repairs, managing service work order and project process flow including scheduling, invoice closeout and customer satisfaction follow up.
- Identify potential business opportunities
- Maintain good relationship with suppliers, consultants, general contractors and end users
- Review contracts for onerous clauses and conditions
- Manage project financial performance
- Estimate project costs, and submit tenders
- Estimate changes
- Purchase materials and equipment
- Work with the Service Manager, Coordinators, and Service Electricians to develop service work and small project scheduling.
- Manage the project and be present on project sites on a regular basis
- Ensures the required paperwork is completed so the work order or project is billed out and Houle is paid.
- Review reports labour status reports, job status reports etc to ensure accuracy and make adjustments where necessary.
- Arrange for project manuals/Power quality reports to be completed
- Ensure that all deficiencies are completed by the Service Electricians in a timely manner.
- Ensure that as-built drawings are completed and sent to the customers as applicable
- Review the project at completion with the foreman and superintendent to discuss successes and challenges.
Experience and Skills:
- Any one of the following: Electrical trade certificate, Electrical Engineering degree or Electrical Technologist diploma/certificate
- 2-3 years' experience in Electrical Project Management and/or Estimating
- Previous experience with estimating programs, specifically Accubid (Accubid Pro and Change Order) an asset
- Experience as a Service Electrician or working for a small electrical company an asset
- FSR A or B an asset
- Basic knowledge of Arc Flash studies/data analysis, Infrared Scanning, Power Factor improvement, UPS Systems
- Knowledge of DDC, Security, and Data an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Good computer skills including MS Office
You have a 'can do' natural right attitude and are always willing to learn. You are a bright, ambitious, honest, and straight forward professional. Your personable nature will fit well within the friendly working environment.
The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. Houle offers an exciting, enjoyable work environment, competitive benefits package and many company sponsored events.
To apply, please visit https://.houle.ca/current-career-opportunities/ and click on the listing for "Project Manager/Estimator, Service". Opportunity will remain open until filled.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job title :MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST Community :MERRITT Facility :NICOLA VALLEY HEALTH CTR Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.71 FTE) Position Summary Medical Laboratory Technologist oppor [...]
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell [...]
Job title :LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE - ACUTE Community :KAMLOOPS Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL Status :CASUAL Position Summary Are you an LPN with experience in an acute or long-term settin [...]
Psychiatric Social Worker Social Program Officer (CYMH) 25 An eligibility list may be established. A hands-on role helping children and youth in your community! Youth Forensic Psychiatric [...]