EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Animation team provides high-quality facial animation and body motion performances for in-game, cinematic and narrative sequences.
- Create high quality facial animation art assets for use in game
- Must have a good understanding of conveying emotion and recreating facial poses
- Experience with facial animation
- Maya (preferred) or similar 3D animation software experience
- Experience with 2D tracking software
- Experience working with external animation partners
- Data wrangling to and from external teams
- Provide animation feedback, and communicate best practice with intention for animation refinement
- Conduct and complete character rig reviews for the purpose of refining it for animation retargeting
- Learn proprietary art pipelines, emerging technology, and processes
- Support the production teams with the acquisition of motion capture data during performance sessions
- Perform daily tasks of performer calibration, directing performer range of motions, QA’ing recorded session data
- Work closely w/ motion capture and animation leads during the production prep / acquisition / post production phases with maintaining visual targets
- Contribute to documenting workflow and pipelines
- Contribute to post mortems, provide feedback, assist with improving motion capture process and data output
Although not required, strong candidates possess
- Minimum 3 years of animation background in video games, television, film or other related industry
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Maya or similar 3D animation software(s)
- Understanding of human movement, and detailed knowledge of functional human anatomy
- Knowledge of and experience with Motion capture (preferred, but not required)
- Works well under the pressures of ‘live’ production environments
- On-set production experience in related entertainment industry: Film, TV, Video games, VFX
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are an absolute must
- Believe in teamwork and collaboration
- Owns a good attitude
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to identify improvements to existing pipelines
- Highly motivated and passionate about their craft
- Have a fabulous ability to multi-task and prioritize
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture powered by creativity and individuality.
More about our location:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are currently looking for experienced Carpenters or 4th-year apprentices with high standards, who take pride in their workmanship, and are continually looking to enhance their skills. This is an o [...]
Job Description: About Coast Coast Mental Health (Coast) is one of the largest mental health non-profit societies in Canada, and operates a large array of innovative housing and community based r [...]
Vancouver Ready Mix is currently recruiting Ready Mix Drivers. These are seasonal, full time positions with competitive wages and an excellent benefits package. You must have a Class 1 or 3 Driver [...]
No degree, certificate or diploma 2 years to less than 3 years Equipment and Machinery Experience Roller painting Brush painting Airless spray equipment Weight Handling Up to 23 [...]