For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, well help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
- Provide professional expertise within a multidisciplinary team in accordance with Good Laboratory Practices and organizational Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- To provide optimal medical care as per accepted veterinary practices, and to remain current with diagnostic procedures/tests and medical treatments, as applicable to laboratory animal medicine.
- To review and optimize the health monitoring and surveillance program to protect the health and welfare of animals and personnel.
- Involvement in the occupational health and safety program for vivarium staff.
- To provide technical expertise and veterinary oversight for a/l procedures related to surgery in live animals.
- To perform Veterinary examinations on study for data collection.
- To participate to animal ethical use and to the elaboration of animal welfare program. May serve as clinical veterinarian on local Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
- To participate and elaborate training sessions for technical staff (e.g. zoonoses, aseptic technique, biocontainment level practices) sessions for technical staff. May provide practical training for technical staff, as necessary.
- To provide professional expertise for guidance on procedures and techniques used on live animals.
- To help train and mentor new clinical veterinarians.
- To provide input on adequacy of physical facilities, environmental enrichment, competency of personnel and equipment used on live animals.
- To review and optimize all SOPs related to experimental animal care and use, and to create when necessary, SOPs to optimize practices for animal health and welfare.
- May provide veterinary oversight (including management of controlled substances) to act as Alternate Qualified Person in Charge (AQPIC) for controlled drugs.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine diploma (DVM) and member in good standing with the Ordre des Mdecins Vtrinaires du Qubec with an experience of 3 to 5 years.
- The candidate should be analytical, have an excellent sense of organization, be able to multitask
- Be able to work within a team and possess excellent communications skills in both French and English.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of peoples lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealt [...]
Overview Ready for a new seasonal opportunity with the #1 tax software company in Canada? If you have experience as a tax preparer, are highly motivated and have excellent communication skills [...]
Pour être innovateur, il faut de l’audace. Et l’audace, nous avons ça dans le sang. Nous avons lancé notre entreprise il y a soixante ans en assurant des chauffeurs de taxi, alors que personne [...]
Position summary Based in Montreal and reporting to the Director of Commercial, the successful candidate will be responsible for promoting innovative therapies to healthcare professionals: includin [...]