Manager, Services Procurement
You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
About KPMG International and the Global Resource Centre
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 147 countries and territories and have more than 219,000 people working in member firms around the world and with FY19 revenues at more than US29.75B.
Global Procurement (Services Procurement) reports to the Senior Manager, Global Procurement (Services Procurement) and is responsible for supporting the development and execution of the category plans for the assigned high value/high complexity and high risk category/categories (for example - Application Development and Application Maintenance (ADAM), Professional Services and Business Process Outsourcing, and Contingent Labor). This role also leads the contractual and commercial negotiations with third parties on medium complexity/medium risk transactions and supports the negotiations on high value/high complexity/high risk transactions for the assigned category/categories.
This role is also responsible for:
• Driving a competitive commercial edge in contractual arrangements with KPMG's suppliers
• Delivering on annual procurement savings targets
• Clearly defining and managing the recharge mechanisms with member firms
What you will do
• Supports the development of the category strategies and annual category plans for assigned high value/high complexity/high risk category/categories (Services Procurement - for example Application Development and Application Maintenance (ADAM), Professional Services and Business Process Outsourcing, and Contingent Labor)
o Analyzes and prepares reports on the supply market for products/services within assigned categories
o Analyzes and prepares reports on key stakeholder needs and priorities
o Researches innovative or emerging procurement processes
o Researches and consolidates procurement activities, in KPMGI and member firms, and identifies potential opportunities and risks
• Supports stakeholder demand planning and reporting activities for assigned category/categories
o Modifies category plans based on any unforeseen circumstances/ new stakeholder requirements identified
• Supports the execution and delivery of approved category plans for assigned category/categories
o Analyzes and monitors buying channel options to ensure that the right, value-added channels are used for the different types of spend
o Recommends supplier segmentation based on optimal alignment with business requirements
o Monitors and updates preferred supplier lists
o Monitors plans and resolves issues or escalates to the Senior Manager, Global Procurement
• Leads all aspects of the sourcing and contractual and commercial negotiations with third parties for assigned requests
o Gathers detailed requirements
o Develops sourcing strategies and obtains approval from the appropriate governance forums
o Establishes supplier selection criteria, metrics and measures based on business needs
o Partners with stakeholders to source and select suppliers
o Provides the analysis and response to the commercial proposal from suppliers
o Negotiates contractual terms and conditions, detailed statements of work, pricing, service levels, and executes agreements
• Engages subject matter experts and/or individuals who can best influence the outcome of supplier negotiations
• Addresses the requirements of the various stakeholders, balancing the business need, the commercial value and risk mitigation
• Delivers on annual procurement savings targets
• Supports the Senior Manager, Global Procurement in the sourcing, contractual and commercial negotiation activities with third parties for high risk transactions within assigned category/categories
• Provides ongoing support for procurement activities for assigned category/categories
• Ensures Global Procurement systems, and the data contained therein, are accurate and current at all times
• Escalates risk and stakeholder issues in a timely and proactive manner
• Assists member firms in negotiations with products/services
• Provides advice and counsel to member firms on procurement services provided by Global Procurement
• Provides advice and counsel to Buyers in Global Procurement Operational Sourcing on how to operationalize and execute against the Category Strategy
• Participates in Global Procurement's continuous improvement program by identifying opportunities to improve effectiveness and/or better align to stakeholder needs
• Maintains subject matter expertise in assigned category/categories
• Researches latest trends and best practices
• Monitors relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
• Participates in internal and external forums to build capability, establish a network of experts, Identify emerging trends and best practices for potential implementation
What you bring to the role
• Be reasonably experienced (at least 3-5 years) in assigned category/categories (all aspects of Services Procurement - for example Application Development and Application Maintenance (ADAM), Professional Services and Business Process Outsourcing, and Contingent Labor)
• Understand supplier management (managing technical, schedule, commercial, and terms and conditions compliance)
• Have knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
• Have sound commercial and contractual acumen - Be able to draft and negotiate strong contracts
• Certified Procurement professional qualifications are desirable. For example: (CSCP), (CPIM), (APICS), (CPSM), (ISM), The SCPro™ from (CSCMP), The Complete Skilled Negotiator™
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity , we do what is right | Excellence , we never stop learning and improving | Courage , we think and act boldly | Together , we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better , we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: or phone: (phone hidden) or toll free 1-(phone hidden) Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at .
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Requisition ID: 90457 Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Sourcing Intake Manager, reporting to the Source to Contract Senior Manager within Pro [...]
- BA/BS required - 10+ years experience in B2B sales or procurement - 6+ years people management experience Amazon Business Canada is seeking a Sales Manager to define the strategy and execute ta [...]
Shkaabe Makwa supports culturally relevant systems initiatives in mental health and addictions services to achieve health equity and community wellness in collaboration with First Nations, Inuit and M [...]
You are a strategist and a relationship-builder. From cold calls to proposals, product demos, and contract negotiations, you have all the skills to make sales You are an evangelist, looking for the [...]