National Director, Digital Marketing
Reporting to the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, the National Director, Digital Marketing is a seasoned, innovative digital marketing professional and experienced leader who will set and implement the digital strategy to bring the Firm's brand to life across our digital platforms and channels (web properties, social media channels, emails, online events).
The role will:
- Set the strategy and oversee the execution for KPMG's National Digital Marketing initiatives
- Co-lead the internal agency alongside the National Director of Pursuits & Research.
- Oversee 20+ direct reports, whose business and technical skills cover Digital Marketing, CRM operations,
and Creative Design services. The portfolio of responsibilities includes (but are not limited to) social media, creative design, CRM, search engine marketing and optimization, online advertising, campaign design, podcasting, analytics, website strategy, video production oversight, virtual events, and mobile application development.
- Proactively drive digital innovation throughout KPMG's marketing teams, serving as the shining example of brag-worthy innovation, agility and client experience.
This role works in collaboration with members of our national and geographic marketing and communications teams, in addition to internal stakeholders and leaders to support the firm's strategic and operational digital and content marketing priorities.
What you will do
Digital Marketing Strategy & Execution (50%)
Develop and implement a national digital marketing strategy:
- Consult and work with senior marketing and firm leadership to lead the development of our national digital marketing strategy.
- Work with KPMG Global marketing counterparts to feed into the global strategy and evolve the Canadian strategy in alignment with the Global technology roadmap.
- Partner with the CRM team to elevate and leverage the firm's CRM tools to integrate digital and CRM initiatives to help drive lead generation while overseeing CRM operations.
Develop, optimize and maintain the firm's external digital channels:
- Ensure adherence to the KPMG brand across digital channels
- Drive centralized content publishing on the kpmg.ca web site in alignment with our content management strategy
- Develop robust web analytics and campaign analysis with recommendations for optimization
- Lead development of the firm's social media properties and content
- Ensure that appropriate emerging technologies are evaluated, harnessed and implemented for digital channels
- Manage digital mar-tech projects at a National level: Act as primary point of contact responsible for ensuring efficient delivery of digital marketing services to stakeholders.
- Champion tech implementation from other National Marketing & Communications teams
Digital Content Management:
- In partnership with the Brand Director and fellow NMC leaders, evolve approach to digital content to reflect Strategic Content Strategy with a focus on an innovative and client-centric digital user experience.
Champion digital marketing best practices:
- Provide guidance to the firm on digital marketing best practices
- Influence the design and deployment of multi-channel lead generation programs
- Ensure digital best practices are embedded in all our relevant marketing campaigns
- Lead the development of learning programs on digital marketing
- Seek out, and make recommendations on, emerging digital marketing platforms and tools
Agency Leadership (30%)
- Sitting at the National Marketing & Communications (NMC) Directors Table, contribute to the overall leadership, culture, strategy and operations of NMC
- Collaborate with internal clients to balance business priorities with effective usage of agency resources through negotiation of cost-effective solutions and deadlines
- Collaborate closely with the Agency Senior Account Manager to support team success in working effectively with internal clients, including campaign prioritization and accurate forecasting of timelines and resourcing, while supporting strategic content management programs
- Working hand-in-hand with your Agency co-Director, inspire, motivate and challenge the team to think outside the box, test status quo and push the envelope
- Foster and champion an agile and innovative "test-and-learn" culture
- Attract, develop and motivate highly skilled team members to collaborate and create across their areas of expertise to differentiate KPMG in the market
- Develop the Digital and Creative team members through formal and informal performance management and coaching
- Ensure effective production workflow management, prioritizing workload and resource scheduling based on business needs and/or changes in conditions or other extenuating factors
- Supervise production and delivery of analytics reporting on content performance and campaign analysis against business objectives, with recommendations for improvements
Operational Effectiveness (20%)
- Oversee the financial planning; including budget and key performance indicators and ensure efficient spend and return on investment (ROI) for all digital investments and team operations
- Provide leadership to, and manage the day-to-day operations of, the Digital Marketing, CRM and Creative teams, including offshore resources as appropriate
- Identify, negotiate and approve contracts with external vendors, working closely with them to ensure development of digital assets
What you bring to the role
As a dynamic National Director of Digital Marketing, you will bring to KPMG:
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years of digital marketing experience, with an in-depth understanding of various go--market approaches, (preferably B2B) and an undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or other relevant field
- Experience working with digital and CRM teams; experience with creative teams an asset
- Proven strength in leading a team to deliver exceptional results while balancing business needs with individual and team development
- Demonstrated experience in delivering operational excellence in support of business unit objectives, such as budgeting, tracking investments and ROI, managing HR requirements and other required leadership / management activities
- Demonstrated success in large-scale project launches and collaboration with global teams
- Substantial project management experience to launch complex digital marketing programs involving multiple teams, executive stakeholders and multiple service providers/vendors
- Proven strengths in digital marketing with a goal of enhancing CX, including search marketing (SEM/SEO), content marketing, social media, mobile marketing, influencer and earned media campaigns, user generated content, relationship marketing, and use of web analytics and how they are applied
- A comprehensive understanding of Paid, Owned, and Earned aspects of Digital marketing and how they fit as part of on overall, integrated marketing mix
- Appropriate technical knowledge to understand various platforms and provide a communications bridge between technical and non-technical stakeholders. Examples include: Content management system (CMS) and technologies, including SharePoint, HTML, XML, CSS, RSS, Flash and image editing software; CRM and Lead Management Automation; Web reporting and measurement, analytics and metadata; Adobe Experience Manager and Adobe Analytics; as well as the ability to translate digital analytics into business insights
- Proven skills in business acumen, consulting and change management with the ability to think critically and challenge status quo while delivering solutions that fit within an organization's culture and matrixed environment
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity , we do what is right | Excellence , we never stop learning and improving | Courage , we think and act boldly | Together , we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better , we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: or phone: (phone hidden) or toll free 1-(phone hidden) Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at .
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing n [...]
About Us: Pattison Sign Group (PSG) is one of the world’s largest sign companies, with four manufacturing facilities located in North America and 15 sales offices across North America. The company [...]
Position Summary The Tax Accountant role is a position within the Firm Tax Department of the Investor Services Division of The Carlyle Group, which is responsible for Firm level Corporate Compliance. [...]
Your opportunity We are looking for a Senior Accountant to support partners in completing NTRs, Review, Audit and Tax Engagements for our diverse clientele. The Senior Accountant will also be respons [...]